Nordstrom Rack Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Rack Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Long Beach, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied On-Line and then got an email to schedule a phone interview. Then they scheduled a in person interview. Great Experience was asked the usual questions. Then went on a tour around the store and was told to expect a call. They called with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer
  • What is your availability?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Eatontown, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Received an invitation for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted 10 minutes. Basic retail related questions. Invited to store interview. Was interviewed by two different department managers. Received a call 2 days later, offered position.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Video interview. Then an in store interview with manager but he was not there so I was interviewed by the head of the children's and women's department. Told I was gonna have to interview with the manager. Said she'll call in a week. No call back yet.

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in July 2016.

Interview

Took about two days before I had an email to schedule my phone interview. On the day of my phone interview, she didn't even ask much. Basically says what's my availability and then gave me a date for the Interview. A week later. When I arrived it says on the email to ask any employer that you arrived for an Interview. I waited about close to 30 mins cause it was so busy that the manager was helping an issue with an customer. Finally when it was my turn we walked to the back. She went over how Nordstrom was and what their values are. Ask me a few questions and we talked a pretty long time. She was a very nice lady. After the interview she walked me around the back and the store. After that thank me and said she will give me a call to where she was at. I didn't get the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Bradenton, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

First was offered to take a video interview. The video interview was with prerecorded questions. Was called for a second interview with the HR person and another manager. After interview they took me on a tour of the store, and the backroom. I was hired a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied for the job. Three days later I was asked to complete a video interview. I thought I did horribly but two days later I was called and ask to come in the store for an in person interview. The interview took about one hour. I was given a tour of the store and introduced to staff. One week later I was called and offered a position at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you helped resolve a customers complaint   Answer Question

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got an email less than a week after asking me to complete a video interview: 5 questions mostly asking for availability and customer service questions. About three days passed and I got a call from Nordstrom HR telling me that they reviewed my video response and that they'd like to set up an interview for my local store (the location I applied for). My interview was set for a week later (for no reason other than my own schedule).

At the interview, I arrived about 10 minutes before my appointment and was brought back into the offices with the woman who'd be the manager (?) of the section I'd work in. Most of the questions involved scenarios and how I'd respond to them or I was asked to give an example of customer service is given. The other question asked was availability.

Then she told me that another manager (?) was going to come in and talk to me. She left and I sat in the office for a minute or so. When the second interviewer came in, she asked a few more questions. Most scenarios and customer service questions and availability.

After that interview finished, she was waking me out and I made a comment about the size of the back room. She gave me an impromptu tour and it's crazy organized back there. I love it.

Anyway, after that, she walked me out and told me that I should expect a call within 3-5 days telling me whether I got the job or not.

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online off an Indeed posting. I got an email the next day asking me to do a video interview. I did the video interview later the follow day. Three days after that, I got a phone call, as well as an email, from HR asking me to schedule an in-person interview at the store itself. You just have to call the number they give and talk to the representative on the phone to schedule a time.

When I went in for my first in-person interview, I met with two department managers. (The general manager was busy that day.) Both managers were very friendly. They asked a series of standard customer service and retail questions.

At the end of the interview, I was told I would hear back in about 48 hours.

I got the general manager's business card before I left and sent her a quick email later the following day telling her how friendly her staff was and thanking her for the opportunity. I also emphasized my interest in the position. She replied the day after that (two days after the in-person interview but a little more than 48 hours technically), and she asked me to come in the next day to meet with her.

I go in again, this time to meet the general manager. She conducts another interview with me, again, asking a series of questions about helping disgruntled customers, going above and beyond for customers, and excelling on a team. She also tells me that the two managers I met with in the first in-person interview "raved" about me.

At the end of this interview, she tells me that she'd love to hire me.

(The second in-person interview was somewhat atypical. It only happened because the general manager was busy the day I was scheduled to have my first in-person interview. Generally, I think there is only one in-person interview. Come to the interview with a good amount of stories pertaining to excellent customer service and teamwork and you'll be fine.)

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my wage.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a video interview, then the next day was asked for an in store interview. The in store interview lasted about 25 minutes and was really easy. They offered me a position the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer.   Answer Question

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online about 2 weeks later I got an email for a video interview. I did the phone interview instead and now im moving on to an in store interview tomorrow.