Nordstrom Rack Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Rack Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.2

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

I applied online. The interview was split into two parts. An at home video recorded interview done by corporate and then a few days between to find out I moved along and will be interviewed in store.

Overall they were fairly common and easy questions. Mainly behavioral with how you would act in difficult situations or sharing an actual experience you with a difficult customer or something else along those lines.

I know some people get a phone interview instead of the video recording first, I'm not sure what the difference is in getting those.

Interview Questions

• Share a time where you interested with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

Anonymous Employee in Upland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Upland, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

They started with an e-mail that they wanted a phone interview after the phone interview they called me in for a interview with the store manger, and I had multiple phone calls that they wanted to move my job interview up because they needed to hire.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • What are strengths and how have you used them in customer service?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you had to multitask and how you decided what to prioritize?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

applied online and got an email for a phone interview after 5 days. The interview was quick and informative but was pleasant. I was then asked for an in person interview. The place was busy but with a comfortable and friendly atmosphere that would make u feel at home. The hiring process was quick and direct. Basically they needed to know the availability

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (El Paso, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online I got an email a day or two later allowing me to set up an over the phone interview. I scheduled for the next available date which was about a week later. They asked why I would like to work at the rack and my availability. He then moved me on to the next step an in store interview. The assistant manager interviewed me for about 30 min. Asking about customer service and giving examples of how I handle tough situations.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Long Beach, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied On-Line and then got an email to schedule a phone interview. Then they scheduled a in person interview. Great Experience was asked the usual questions. Then went on a tour around the store and was told to expect a call. They called with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Eatontown, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Received an invitation for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted 10 minutes. Basic retail related questions. Invited to store interview. Was interviewed by two different department managers. Received a call 2 days later, offered position.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Video interview. Then an in store interview with manager but he was not there so I was interviewed by the head of the children's and women's department. Told I was gonna have to interview with the manager. Said she'll call in a week. No call back yet.

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in July 2016.

Interview

Took about two days before I had an email to schedule my phone interview. On the day of my phone interview, she didn't even ask much. Basically says what's my availability and then gave me a date for the Interview. A week later. When I arrived it says on the email to ask any employer that you arrived for an Interview. I waited about close to 30 mins cause it was so busy that the manager was helping an issue with an customer. Finally when it was my turn we walked to the back. She went over how Nordstrom was and what their values are. Ask me a few questions and we talked a pretty long time. She was a very nice lady. After the interview she walked me around the back and the store. After that thank me and said she will give me a call to where she was at. I didn't get the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Bradenton, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

First was offered to take a video interview. The video interview was with prerecorded questions. Was called for a second interview with the HR person and another manager. After interview they took me on a tour of the store, and the backroom. I was hired a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied for the job. Three days later I was asked to complete a video interview. I thought I did horribly but two days later I was called and ask to come in the store for an in person interview. The interview took about one hour. I was given a tour of the store and introduced to staff. One week later I was called and offered a position at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you helped resolve a customers complaint   Answer Question