Nordstrom Rack Rotating Sales and Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Rack Rotating Sales and Support Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom Rack

2.5

Rotating Sales and Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview. In the phone interview, I was asked about availability, why I wanted to work at Nordstrom Rack and a couple customer experience related questions. I was then offered to schedule an in-person store interview.

In the store interview, I was informed that the original position I applied for had already been filled and offered the opportunity to speak with another manager about other open positions. I was interviewed by two managers who asked about availability and asked "Tell me about..." questions. I was given a tour of the store, shown some responsibilities of the role and introduced to employees. The interview process took a little more than an hour and everyone I met was very friendly which helped make the interview experience comfortable. At the end, I was told that I would receive a call in a few days. I heard back after 3 days with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are steps you would take to accomplish a goal?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. Received an interview for a one-way video interview. Received an in person interview after the video interview. Two people interviewed me, one after the other. I was then given a tour of the store and asked how I felt about walking through the store.

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Temecula, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online uploaded resume and references. The process took 3 weeks. A couple days after applying online, received an invitation to do a video interview. After a couple of days submitting the video, was invited for an in-person interview. I spoke to the store manager interview was about 48 minutes. He explained that we would make a decision for the 'rover' position no later than Friday of that same week. And that he would call me if I got the job or not. He didn't call me that Friday. So I called, he didn't answer so I left a message. I didn't hear anything the following Monday. So I called again on Tuesday. He apologized saying that he was out of town doing business and couldn't get to hiring someone on Friday. Then he offered me the job. And I got an instant pay raise due to experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you think here at Nordstrom Rack is out top priority?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you went above and beyond for customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Sacramento, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email the following day to sign up for a phone interview. I had mine on a Thursday. She was really nice and friendly. I was so nervous in the beginning but she was so friendly that I got over my nervousness. Questions took 10-15 mins then she asked me to do a face to face interview with a manager. Scheduled it this Friday. So hopefully I do well.

Rotating Sales and Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in July 2015.

Interview

I got an email for a online interview and then I got another email saying I made it to the next step and called a phone number to set up an in person interview. Asked normal interview questions. Nothing to difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Durham, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online & the next day I was scheduled for a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty simple & lasted for about 10 minutes. Was instantly told to come in for an in-store interview. Haven't had that interview yet.

Interview Questions

• Why Nordstrom Rack instead of Nordstrom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

first i apply online. After a week I got an email to set up for phone interview. The questions about customer service and about Nordstorm rack so you must know the history of the company. Be prepared, enthusiastic. Read some questions on this it will help you a lot. Much easier on the actual rather than to prepared.

Interview Questions

• Why Retail? Why Nordstorm? Knowledge of the company and customer service. My skills and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

the negotiation is very past after the last interview they give an offer.

Rotating Sales and Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Very quick process. I applied online and a few hours letter received an e-mail for a phone interview. I set up the phone interview for two days later. I'm not sure if it's b/c it's seasonal, or b/c I have some retail experience, but when the interviewer called me she said I would go directly to the in person interview. I had the in-person interview which was very casual, but if you read all the interview reviews here it's easy to prepare. They will ask you about yourself and your experience and a lot of the questions are situational to see how you have dealt with customers in the past and how you would deal with them in the store.

I was told I would hear back within 5-6 days, and I got a call 3 days later to set up a 2nd interview with the store manager. The questions were similar and this interview was shorter. I was told they would be making a decision in the next two days. I received a call the following day with an offer.

Tips: PREPARE!! Do research on the store, be enthusiastic and authentic. Dress professionally.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I completed the online application with screening test. The next day I got an email about scheduling a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview we set up a time for the in-store interview, and a few days after the interview I got a call with a job offer. It was a very efficient and pleasant experience!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Rotating Sales and Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in August 2013.

Interview

I filled out an online application although I did not have ANY work experience only volunteer experience at different charities but that was apparently enough for this company which I'm grateful for. After I filled out the application, 2 days later I got the email for the phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I scheduled an in person. The interview went great and they said they would get back to me and less than a week later I got a call to come in for the 2nd interview and that afternoon after the 2nd interview I got the offer and accepted it. The pay was great for it being my first time job.

Interview Questions

• None really. Just be prepared for a lot of "give me an example of a time when...?" Be very specific   Answer Question