Nordstrom Rack Rover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Rack Rover Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom Rack

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied and a day later, I was told to go through a phone interview. After the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the store manager. During the interview with the manager, I was asked some basic interview questions. However, when the manager asked for my availability, I told him I couldn’t work on weekdays till four in the afternoon due to being a student. The manager then notified me that the job was only for those who could work morning hours and was not offered the job. The manager was nice, however it would have been great to mention in the job description or even during the phone interview that the job required you to work early morning to not waste my time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you and a coworker had some type of conflict and describe how you settled it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

Anonymous Employee in Bound Brook, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Bound Brook, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

Since the store was new at the time we couldn't interview at the actual location. we interviewed in a hotel. Basically I sat down in front of two of the managers and they asked me a bunch of questions (why I want to work there, prior retail experience, future goals) and of course the typical scenario questions. Then I spoke to another employee who asked me similar questions and then they said they'd call me back if I got the job (I did)

Interview Questions

• What other prior retail experiences have you had? What responsibilities did you have?   Answer Question

Rover Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy and fast, was given a tour around the department and back of the house. Questions are mostly related to customer service; however they do ask a lot of questions for management positions.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult upset customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online first, then received an email then a phone call. There was a multiple step interview process but nothing too difficult. They asked simple and the normal questions nothing too much to stress about. You will be interviewing with multiple people

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. The manager gave me a tour and introduced me around before even asking questions. He offered me snacks and a drink. The interview was short and quick and called me 30 minutes to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you good with costumers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Call from hr, quick phone interview- 10 mins. asked about 6 questions very easy, specific questions using the star method will work wonders, if they like you at the end of the phone screen, they will ask you to come in for an in person interview. I went to the in person interview about one week later. I met with the manager for the department I was looking for. This interview was 30m questions such as why choose nordstrom rack, what excites you about the position, tell me about a time you helped a customer, tell me about a time you went above and beyond, tell me about a time you helped an unhappy customer. They will ask you about your hours and availability and for retail you need weekends. Finally, describe your previous experience, and how would your last boss describe you. They are looking for someone who is upbeat, friendly, and has great people skills. As a rover, I give my manager my monthly schedule and they schedule 3 weeks out-. After the interview i waited about a week and received an offer. Two days later I started orientation and was on the floor-

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Hoover, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks total. Took one week to get invite to digital interview. Rec'd email the next day regarding a in person interview. Got an offer call one week later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Long 3 interviews but fairly easy 1 video interview which consists of downloading an app to record yourself answering questions and 2 in person interviews they where very welcoming and nice and did not give an cold demeanor

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Rover Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Applied online. Within a couple of days, I got an email that I needed to schedule a 15 minute phone interview. The interviewer was super friendly and called promptly at the scheduled time. Asked basic questions. At the end of the phone interview, I was then was asked to come into the store to interview with the manager. Ended up interviewing with two separate managers that day. Heard back from Nordstrom Rack 8 days later telling me that I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Brandon, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

2 person interview - One with the department manager you are interesting in being hired for, second interview with either the Store Manager or another departmental manager. Overall session with Store Manager asking general questions - where are you from, what interests you, what do you do in your spare time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled an angry customer? What did you do resolve a problem? Tell me interests you? How long do you think you'll be employed with us   Answer Question