Nordstrom Rack Service Experience Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Rack Service Experience Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom Rack

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I submitted an application online.

About a week later, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the interview for the week after. I did well on the phone interview (resume review, why do want to work here, tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer, etc.) and then the hiring manager told me that she wanted to schedule a in person interview with the store manager.

I went to the interview (make sure you dress appropriately, it is a clothing store) and they asked basic interview questions (why Nordstrom?, Experience review, availability, etc.) and then they gave me a tour of the store. We ended up in the front where the registers were and they kind of did a run down of what the basics were.

The interview ended and I went on my way.

I didn't hear back for TWO weeks. Two weeks later I get a call requesting reference numbers. I gave them to the hiring manager and didn't hear back for ANOTHER week.

Finally, after reviewing my references (and a month after the initial submission) I was hired.

It is a long process but I'm excited to begin with this new company :)

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about our stores and Why did you apply?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set wages.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Sacramento, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online
    Received a email to schedule a phone interview
    Asked to come in the following week to meet with the Dept manager
    Interview was pretty much laid back and felt comfortable
    Did a store walk with the dept manager at the end of the interview I was told I would here back from the manager a few days later it has been almost 3 weeks now still no call back or email.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had to work on a team, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Service Experience Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in October 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview to screen initial application, to be followed by in-store interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the best team experience you have been a part of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Once I applied, I received a call from corporate to do a phone interview. Then I was set up for an in-store interview 2 days later. Your second interview is based on how well you do on the phone interview. I was interviewed by a department manager then the store manager. It was fairly easy.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Bakersfield, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview with Nordstrom Rack when they opened a new store location. I believe there were around 1,000 applicants and only 70 of which were hired. I had an interview with the women's apparel manager as well as the store support manager. The store manager was mingling with the potential hires in a large room in a hotel.

Interview Questions

• Why Nordstrom Rack? Name a time where you went above and beyond to provide customer service? Where do you see yourself with the Rack?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, about two weeks later got an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was basically to confirm a time for an in person interview. The in person interview was a standard read off the page 3-4 questions. A tour of the store was given and a little bit of the company history. I was told they would call me in a week for a decision, instead got an email about a month later saying they went with someone else

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a coworker you didn't get along with?
      describe a time you've gone above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Went over prior work history, asked general questions about accomplishments with prior employers, asked typical questions about strengths and weaknesses, what were long term goals with the company. Asked about outside of work interests.

Service Experience Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, went through all the questionnaire stuff, got an e-mail for a phone interview that lasted 10 minutes, went to my interview, I was interviewed by the Service experience Manager and Store Manager separately. The interview process was really long because she walked em around the store showing me what all the departments did, and kept asking if I had questions, which made me feel like I had to come up with some. Didn't hear back for about 2 weeks then i was told I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond what you were asked to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

It was a few different segment beginning with phone interview then it was a one on one with the manager that was hiring and then a group interview with the store manager

Interview Questions

• How would you solve conflict or execute a difficult task that is given with limited instructions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

applied online, got an email to complete an assessment, then got a call for a group interview. interviewed with 3 different managers. Got a call about 4 days later saying I had gotten the job. Started about 2 weeks later.