Nordstrom Rack Shoe Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Rack Shoe Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom Rack

1.9

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, which was a pretty standard process. The first time I heard back about anything was for a phone/video interview. I had to use an app to take video of myself answering a few interview questions. Next I was contacted for an in person interview. I got interviewed by 2 different managers. About a week or so later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Beverly Hills, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Filled out and application on line for Nordstrom Rack, Was called about two days later to come in for an interview. Had interview with assistant shoe manager and store manager. Was called two days later and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• The Assistant shoe manager didn't really interview me but mostly asked me questions like if I'd ever worked in retail, what stores had I worked for, how did I like working for those stores and then gave me a tour of the shoe department, stock room, and showed me areas of the stores departments.

The interview questions with the store manager was basically "Why did I choose Nordstrom Rack and what made me want to work for the company, What other retailers had I worked for, had I ever worked in shoes before, Give her the name of designers that I know and like, What was my work relation with customers.

The Store manager was very impressed with my answers to her, but felt that the shoe department wasn't the right place for me and asked if I was willing to work as a Customer Service Rep considering I had a lot of experience with talking to people, register training, business experience, a great personality, and my background on working with money. She also said the reason she was offering me this position was because it paid more and felt that I would like this line of work better than working on the sales floor.   1 Answer

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in July 2013.

Interview

They are looking for people with experience in sales and fast-paced work environments that can handle tasking as well as customer service. You are usually interviewed by two or three different department managers.

Interview Questions

• How did you contribute to individual or net sales at your previous job (assuming you had another sales job) and how did you rank among the other sellers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (San Diego, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

1.online application /assessment
    2.phone interview
    3.department manager interview
    4.store manager interview .
    5. 9 days after the last interview I got a call with a offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good offer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview was easy. A two interview process, one with the manager of the department you applied for and a second interview with either the store manager or another department manager.

Interview with the second manager is usually immediately if you do well with the first manager. Basic retail knowledge, etc.

Phone interviews happens. Usually easy in to the company.

Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Quick, painless, and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

have a great personality, dress fashion forward and be knowledgable about product. Be you and honest with your answers. the interview should take no longer than a hour if they like you. you might meet with the store manager the same day if they are in the store. they usually call your references before offering you the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online & got an email to schedule an over the phone interview, which was very simple & only lasted 10 minutes. The lady scheduled me for an in person interview & told me to provide more info online. I got to the interview 15-20 minutes early & I was told to wait in the break room. I was first interviewed by the HR manager who was really easy to talk to & then by the floor manager who was very direct & was no bs, but still really nice. I remember fumbling on one of the questions but I remained very relaxed & really tried to explain myself in all of the questions. The floor manager gave me her card & told me to wait 7-10 days but I got a call 4 days later asking if I would be open to working in shoes instead of cashier bc there were no positions & I said yes. Two days later I got the job & I'm waiting for another call for my schedule :). This is my first job, but my advice is to remain confident & don't get flustered by the questions especially if you're being interviewed by a woman. Also make yourself seem really available.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a lasting relationship with someone you just met?   Answer Question
    • How would you prioritize your tasks during a time of heavy foot traffic?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above & beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I originally applied for retail sales/customer service however I was referred to shoes. I applied online & did the assessment test (behavior questions) & I received a email the next day inviting me to a phone interview. I set the time I would like to be interviewed & waited. Nordstrom has all prospective employees do a phone interview first. The phone interview was simple, I was only asked 4 typical retail questions and after I was invited to a face to face interview in store with the manager of the shoe department. Face to face interview was simple, just a bunch of describe a time whens. I was told to wait for a phone call so I'm waiting, wish me luck.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick & easy process. Applied online, after seeing ad on Craigslist. Received email the next day to set up phone screening. Scheduled screening, easy and straightforward. Mostly skills-based and opinion questions. At the end was scheduled for in-store interview at the end of the week. Was given the name of manager to meet with and dress business professional. Met with manager at store, again easy and straightforward 1:1 interview, questions similar to though not exactly repeating phone interview. Got back to me after the weekend with job offer. Quick, easy and straightforward process overall.