Nordstrom Rack Shoe Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Rack Shoe Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom Rack

1.9

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, which was a pretty standard process. The first time I heard back about anything was for a phone/video interview. I had to use an app to take video of myself answering a few interview questions. Next I was contacted for an in person interview. I got interviewed by 2 different managers. About a week or so later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

Shoe - Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. I enjoyed how laid back it was and stress free. After showing up to the store, I was taken straight back to the office for the interview process. I was interviewed by two different managers and was in and out in 30 min.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and in a couple of days I got an invitation to do a video interview and the next day I got an email and a call for an invitation to do an in person interview. The person I interviewed with was really friendly she asked a few questions and wrote down the answers then she took me for a quick tour to the back of the store and the department I'd be working in. At the end she said she had more interviews to do and that she would call on Friday, I got a call on Saturday and she told me she went with someone else.
    I do think that the process is too much for a retail sales job, is not like you are applying for a management position.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Glendale, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

You get a store tour a check off sheet interview if they like you you get a second interview on the spot with another department manager if they don't you didn't get the job and shouldn't remain hopeful

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online & got an email to schedule an over the phone interview, which was very simple & only lasted 10 minutes. The lady scheduled me for an in person interview & told me to provide more info online. I got to the interview 15-20 minutes early & I was told to wait in the break room. I was first interviewed by the HR manager who was really easy to talk to & then by the floor manager who was very direct & was no bs, but still really nice. I remember fumbling on one of the questions but I remained very relaxed & really tried to explain myself in all of the questions. The floor manager gave me her card & told me to wait 7-10 days but I got a call 4 days later asking if I would be open to working in shoes instead of cashier bc there were no positions & I said yes. Two days later I got the job & I'm waiting for another call for my schedule :). This is my first job, but my advice is to remain confident & don't get flustered by the questions especially if you're being interviewed by a woman. Also make yourself seem really available.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a lasting relationship with someone you just met?   Answer Question
    • How would you prioritize your tasks during a time of heavy foot traffic?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above & beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I originally applied for retail sales/customer service however I was referred to shoes. I applied online & did the assessment test (behavior questions) & I received a email the next day inviting me to a phone interview. I set the time I would like to be interviewed & waited. Nordstrom has all prospective employees do a phone interview first. The phone interview was simple, I was only asked 4 typical retail questions and after I was invited to a face to face interview in store with the manager of the shoe department. Face to face interview was simple, just a bunch of describe a time whens. I was told to wait for a phone call so I'm waiting, wish me luck.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Bellevue, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty short interview. Was asked about any prior work experience and skills. The interview had a big focus on putting the customer first always and Nordstrom's philosophy of customer service. Overall, the interview was pretty easy and quick because they were short on staff.

Interview Questions

• What was one time when you experience difficulty and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick & easy process. Applied online, after seeing ad on Craigslist. Received email the next day to set up phone screening. Scheduled screening, easy and straightforward. Mostly skills-based and opinion questions. At the end was scheduled for in-store interview at the end of the week. Was given the name of manager to meet with and dress business professional. Met with manager at store, again easy and straightforward 1:1 interview, questions similar to though not exactly repeating phone interview. Got back to me after the weekend with job offer. Quick, easy and straightforward process overall.

Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Quick, painless, and easy.

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in July 2013.

Interview

They are looking for people with experience in sales and fast-paced work environments that can handle tasking as well as customer service. You are usually interviewed by two or three different department managers.

Interview Questions

• How did you contribute to individual or net sales at your previous job (assuming you had another sales job) and how did you rank among the other sellers?   1 Answer