Nordstrom Rack Stock Team Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Rack Stock Team Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom Rack

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

I was contacted over the weekend and missed their call. The employer didn't even bother to leave a voicemail and had even changed my application status to no longer being considered. A very bias, unfair, and passive aggressive decision on their part. Scheduled an interview with employer anyways. I hate the hiring manager idea to check in at the registers when the registers were not made for that. Waited in the long line with customers and customers were staring down at me--prematurely judging me. A Black customer lady kept looking at me like it was her business that I was in line and it made it felt like she was bullying me. Finally, some waiting hiring manager was not in one of those green uniforms--she had wore what she felt like that day. Asked a list of questions from paper regarding leadership skills, working on a team, and projects. They claim they are flexible but they are not--you have to find ways to take days off. A easy job overall with overrated interview questions, and I would work there if they don't bully me with the overnight schedule.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Austin, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online at nordstromrack.com. I then got a phone call for an in-person interview. In the in person interview I interviewed with the manager of my department. I then waited two weeks to hear back and got hired and we set a date for my first day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a part of this team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Vacaville, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online for a new store opening, two days later I receive a call and email for an interview the next day. Interview took place in a conference room at a local hotel (since the store technically isn't finished yet) Store manager introduces himself to me and the few other workers there. He talks about the store and then shows us a video about the store. Meet two other managers and then they both go to two tables in the back of the room and we each go up to do two interviews with them (in order of what time the workers arrived at)

They said to allow two hours for the interview proces and me being the 2nd person to arrive, from arriving and leaving took 50 minutes.

I thought I struggled with the questions, taking too long to answer them, but I was contacted in two-three days to add on my background information, and in two days I was offered a position and invited to orientation for the next week!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job and what position are you interested in?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were multitasking?   Answer Question
    • Are you interested in starting a conversation with a customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work as a team and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a (recent) goal you had and how did you accomplish it?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you persuaded someone to do something and how did you do it?   Answer Question
    • How has your past work experience will help you get this job? (something like that)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something you're proud of? (or an accomplishment, something related to that)   1 Answer
    • Manager showed me some papers talking about the tasks of working in a certain position and basically asked, "Are you interested in performing these tasks with or without accommodation?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com since it says there was an opening for stock team. Once I applied, I got an email to schedule a phone interview. It was a quick & easy interview. Asked about 3-4 questions, starting off with my availability . After that, she schedule me an in person interview for the next day. I went in, dressed professionally, & answered the questions confidentially & happily . I was actually applying for the stock team position but she said it was full so I got the women's department. After I was done, she showed me around & it was done. Waited 3 days and got too nervous so I called to check up on my status & she was actually going to call me that same day but I beat her to it lol after that I was officially hired !

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None . Offer was 11.75 starting

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Buffalo, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I first found out about the new store opening on Craigslist and they had a link to the website so I applied online. I received an email the next day for me to schedule a day and time for an in-person interview (no phone interview because it was a new store I guess) The closest interview date I could get was a month later. The day finally arrived and it was a group interview with 9 of use total. We met the managers, including store manager, and was told we would watch a video and that we would have 2 interviews. The first interview was mainly going over my resume and I was asked about my education, why I wanted to work there, and some behavioral questions. Then he pulled out some papers that I read that explained the job duties for both stock and sales. After that he asked me if I had any questions and I just asked if the sales position was commission and he said it wasn't. Then for the second interview, it was all behavioral questions. It was like a 2 hour process. 3 days later I received an email asking to submit more information and that they were gonna conduct a background check and 3 days after that I received a call from the stock manager with the job offer!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was upset and how did you fix it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to persuade others.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were apart of a team and you had a goal.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Started off with a big group. The management team introduced themselves and then we watched a brief video about a typical day at Nordstrom RACK. Then someone from management would call a name and you'd meet with one manager and do a quick interview. Next, they would direct you to the manager of the department in which you were applying for, and you interview with them. They DO call and check references. They called after a week.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of " Tell me about a time when..." questions.   1 Answer

Stock Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

I was interviewed by one person on the phon and two people in person. Super easy. Although they didn't give me the position I ended up being as a rover.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

For me this happened before the store was even put together. So I was hired among a bunch of others and we were pretty much the "store openers." So our experience was totally different from the interviews they may have currently.There was one interview day, but they had two different managers interview you at separate times. This happened over 9 months ago so I cannot recall the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember any.. But pretty basic ones for retail.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied on the Nordstrom careers website, which, by the way, is very well designed compared to some of the other sites I've used to apply to jobs. About 5 days later, I got an email saying that they reviewed my application and wanted to schedule a phone screen. I was able to schedule one online for the next day. It said on the site that there was a 2 hour window after my scheduled interview time during which they would call. They called about 15 minutes after the time, which was not too bad. The interviewer was pleasant and friendly. I was asked a handful of questions, including why I wanted to work at Nordstrom. A lot of the questions involved providing examples of when you've demonstrated certain skills, so be prepared for that. At the end of the interview he said that the interview was successful. Unfortunately, there weren't any open positions at the locations I wanted to work at, which was a bummer. But he said that they would keep my info and contact me if any other positions opened up.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time you've demonstrated leadership ability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied. About 2 weeks later, got an email to set up a phone interview, scheduled the phone screen for 2 days later. The phone screening was the usual, tell me about yourself, your past experiences, why do you want to work for us. I think they are just looking for a pleasant conversation and no red flags. At the end of the phone interview I was scheduled an in-person interview with a department manager at the local store (the phone screen was through corporate in Seattle, WA) the following week. The interview went well, it was basically an extension of the phone screen with more specific question about your previous experiences (ex. tell me about a time when....), and a little bit about the position your interviewing for. Immediately following the interview, the department manager had me meet the store manager. Pretty much the same questions, and they told me a little bit about them and their history with the company. I left with nothing more than a "we'll be in touch." Called and talked to the store manager a week later just to follow up, was told the department manager would follow up with me. Got the call the next day and was offered the job. Orientation was the following week. *Side Note: Orientation was your typical training videos, and new employee information.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to get the job done.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.