Nordstrom Restaurant Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Restaurant Cashier Interview Questions

2.7

Restaurant Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Online application process then scheduled a phone interview online then actual Phone interview with HR manager then 2 days later scheduled for a face to face interview - hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Troy, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

All initial applications are online. I submitted the application and fortunately had a friend who had previously worked in the restaurant, so I asked him to put in a good word for me. I received an email requesting information for a background check (bypassing the typical initial over-the-phone interview.) That was a Thursday, and on the following Monday, I received a call to set up the interview. I interviewed Tuesday, it was very short and to the point. I was asked about the importance of customer service and a few questions about my previous jobs and experience. Everything went smoothly and I was told I'd be given an answer within the week. I received a call that Thursday and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't. Like I said, the whole interview process was very quick, just make sure you stress the importance of customer service, no matter what department you may be interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No pay negotiation was needed. Nordstrom pays competitively and I was willing to accept their wage offer.

Restaurant Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2012.

Interview

11/2/2012
    A week after I applied, the manager called and asked if I was still interested in the position...of course I said yes. So 11/3, I went in for the interview. I interviewed with the assistant manager first, and he talked to his boss after our mini interview, then the general manager came out to interview me. The interview went a few minutes over (someone was waiting to be interviewed after me). I believe it went well. I hope I get the job....its such a classy atmosphere.

11/4/2012
    Got the call I've been waiting on! The job offer!!! Orientation is in 2 days. This just made my day....now hopefully my background comes back clear!

11/5/2012
    YAAAYYYY background came back good (what a RELIEF)! I did my new hire paperwork online, which was sent to me via email and I filled everything out electronically. The new hire orientation is tomorrow and I'm definitely looking forward to being a part of such a distinctive company!!

Interview Questions

• Do you like to smile? What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation....I've accepted the pay. Hopefully I can get a raise soon though.