Nordstrom Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Charlotte, AR) in February 2018.

Interview

i applied online for retail sales at Dior, i received a call from the HR for a phone interview and after i was aksed for 1:1 interview at Nordstrom. the interview was very short , not much asked. the position was already filled

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Detroit, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back a day later to conduct a phone interview. Afterwards, an in person interview was scheduled which consisted of two parts- behavioral and sales demo. The managers and HR fully explained its core ideal and what the company stood for. Longest interview for retail that I've ever had. A day after, I got a call of the job offer. Very professional and organized!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. I applied online and received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was quick (10 mins or so) and relaxed. During the phone interview I was scheduled for an in person interview that was set up for the following week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Centennial, CO) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied for a sales associate position online and someone from HR called me a few days later for a phone screen. She asked me if I could come in for an in-person interview on 4/12/18 at 2 pm. I arrived for the interview 15 minutes early and followed their instructions and waited by the customer elevator outside of HR on the 3rd floor. 2 pm rolls around and no one showed up to meet me. 10 minutes later on of their associates walked by and I asked her for assistance so she went to the office and let them know I was there. 20 more minutes roll by so I called the phone number in my confirmation email and got a voicemail. I left a message stating I was waiting by the elevator, per their instructions, and no one ever bothered to come out. I ended up leaving at 2:45 pm. I have never been do disrespected or humiliated by any other company during the interview process. How unprofessional can you get?? I responded to their interview confirmation email what had happened and that i deserved an explanation as to why they wasted my time and NO ONE has ever bothered to reach out or respond to me.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online which was then followed by a phone interview and then an in-person interview. The in-person interview was followed by a period out on the sales floor where I was asked to try and sell something to the manager interviewing me.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

In-person interview, very simple. They ask you about your experience, how personable you are and why you are a good fit for Nordstrom. I applied for a different position than I got, but that made sure to ask if you were okay with working in a different department than you applied for. You do a floor walk and I got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for Nordstrom specifically?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

i filled out an application online, received an email back a few weeks later asking for an over the phone interview, then was asked to come into the store for an in person interview. I was called back within the week offering the job

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do you have, give an example of a challenge and how you overcame it, how would you handle a tough situation with a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

Brief Phone Interview for a Selection Process. A variety of timing were offered that allowed it to be very flexible. Professional and average difficulty level interview and if succeed then it is followed by an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when and how you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (The Woodlands, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was great straight to the point. The manager asked some basic questions some personal some I had been asked before and I felt pretty confident then was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave or received exemplar customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone interview. The phone interview went well, so we scheduled an in-person interview in the store in the following days. I have not have the in-person interview yet.

Interview Questions

• What is the benefit of commission based job? What scares you?   Answer Question