Nordstrom Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.5

159 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

long long and longggg.. Apply online .. wait few weeks to get email to book a date to come in and interview.
then other interviews take place.
meeting Human resource
met manager of the department i was applying for

Interview Questions

• A situation where you worked with people of different background   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Coon Rapids, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I was throughly frustrated by this interview process. I applied for Retail Sales- MAC Cosmetics. I received an email for a phone interview the very next day. I picked a day and time thinking I was still interviewing for the cosmetics role.

Once I got on the phone with the person from HR, she pretty much did a bait and switch and told me i’m not Qualified for the position I applied for and that I need a minimum of 6 months experience in cosmetics sales.

The original description and qualifications for the job stated that no prior cosmetic experience is needed. I have a ton of sales experience both b2b and consumer. I find it truly odd that they advertise not needing cosmetic experience and then telling me I don’t qualify for a job because of the very same reason.

Be clear on what you’re looking for and don’t bait and switch roles. Also don’t list positions that you aren’t actively hiring for.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2017.

Interview

I was initially called over the phone for the "phone interview" but it was mainly to talk about my hours and availability. The HR rep also asked which departments I'd be most interested in working at (jewelry). Then during the actual in store interview which was a few days after the phone call I spoke to two managers. After their questions I was shown the department where I would work if I were to be hired.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website, few days later they sent me an email to make an appointment for a phone interview..
    the interview took 10 minutes, very easy and she liked me so make an appointment to meet in person.. so I am waiting for the day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Braintree, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

HR staff was nice and tried to make the process seem light. Problem was that it took 2.5 hours. I spoke with two people who both asked me the same questions from a company packet. Seemed too long and repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to please a customer and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online, got a phone interview, then an in person interview with the manager of the department I applied to. Everyone was super nice! The training was extensive which was super nice since all the new hires were prepared their first day.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Edison, NJ).

Interview

Had phone interview first. Very basic scripted questions and then got scheduled for in person interview. Was interviewed by HR and department manager. They were mostly behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a competitive environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Braintree, MA).

Interview

It was easy, nice people, but felt (3) interviews were over the top. The manager seemed nice but I still didn't receive full knowledge about commission especially when I reached out to her via follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• They asked frequently how I felt about commission sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Lynnwood, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

applied online, the next day received an email to schedule a phone interview. i scheduled one for the following week. the interviewer asked me basic questions like why i wanted to work there and what my availability was. she said that she wanted to hear more from me so they would send me an email to fill out another application and then go into the store for an in person interview. i went into the in person interview the following week because i was out of town that week and i was interviewed by the department manager. she was very friendly and she asked me questions about my past experience, my availability, and then she walked me through the store had me do a sales drill. this was on tuesday and she said she'd call by today (friday!) overall a positive experience whether i get the job or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, it was very quick and to the point. The interviewer seemed friendly and took time after each question to record my answer, but otherwise the interview was pretty fast. Was asked to come to an in-person interview the next week.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a conflict with a customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question