Nordstrom Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 262 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Wayne, NJ) in Jun 2020

Interview

Brief online Skype interview- general questions about yourself as a worker, how you would respond in certain situations with customers, as well as information about COVID-19 procedures. Pleasant interview process with quick turn around time for follow up interview/job offer.

Interview Questions
  • How would you respond to a customer who is upset about a long line/slowly moving line?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

easy breezy to the point where you can think off the top of your head to be able to come up with an answer. you go in and they ask a few questions and you go in and they ask you a few questions and keep it pushing.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

They were timely and asked questions that mostly were geared towards my integrity. They were quick to get back to me as well. They did a lot of "what if" scenarios as well. They were trying to gauge my ability to think of my feet.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

The interview process was informative and conversational in nature. Reviewed past experience in detail and outlined position responsibilities. Questions were geared to gage a candidates skill level.

Interview Questions
  • Interview questions were pretty standard. Many were geared to see if a candidate had specific job experience and skills.
Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX)

Interview

Applied online, was called about two weeks later. Interviewed and offered job a couple days after interview. The manager read from a script of standard interview questions. The interview took about thirty minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Wanted to give an example of how you handled a customer service issue.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

I was asked a series of typical interview questions. Then the department manager brought me onto the floor. She gave me some scenarios to find outfits for then I had to design outfits accordingly.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you have been a leader and had to resolve a difficult situation
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR) in Jun 2019

Interview

At the end of the interview the department manager interviewing me asked me to put together an outfit for her as a test to see if I could put something cute together.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have experience with commission sales?
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL)

Interview

It was pretty laid back. They asked the basic interiew questions and asked some situational questions. It wasnt hard at all very average interview. Just go in and sell yourself.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

I attended the Hiring Day at my local Nordstrom and was hired on the spot. During the interview I met with the department manager I was applying for. The interview was very easy, the process didn't take long.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

To the point yet laid back process. Once you get to the 1:1 interview, they ask a handful of questions or present scenarios for you to answer. They also do a department walk through of your sales floor and will continue into the back stockroom, depending on if they feel like they are strongly considering giving you an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Describe an example of how you went above and beyond for a customer.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 262