Nordstrom Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2018

2.5

167 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Arcadia, CA).

Interview

She offer me a job and want me to work woman work out apparel department. That Department is very slow how you going to make money with commissions . I declined an offer . Bewear when u applied ask them first what Department u have available?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone interview. The phone interview went well, so we scheduled an in-person interview in the store in the following days. I have not have the in-person interview yet.

Interview Questions

• What is the benefit of commission based job? What scares you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topanga Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Topanga Park, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview - After applying online I received an email saying they were requesting a phone interview the next day. That phone interview led to an appointment for in person interview in Topanga, CA. I am reporting that I did not get a job offer as of yet, but did get an immediate positive feedback and a set day/time for in person interview 1 week from the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked: 1. "Describe a difficult situation with a customer and what you did. What was the outcome." 2. What about commission sales excites you? What scares you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Group Interview with two candidates and two interviewers from their respective departments. Great concise question, answer round and then toured the department, did a sample sales transaction scenario. Overall fantastic.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge that has occurred for you before for a customer and how did you handle it and take care of the customer?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

long long and longggg.. Apply online .. wait few weeks to get email to book a date to come in and interview.
    then other interviews take place.
    meeting Human resource
    met manager of the department i was applying for

Interview Questions

• A situation where you worked with people of different background   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Coon Rapids, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I was throughly frustrated by this interview process. I applied for Retail Sales- MAC Cosmetics. I received an email for a phone interview the very next day. I picked a day and time thinking I was still interviewing for the cosmetics role.

Once I got on the phone with the person from HR, she pretty much did a bait and switch and told me i’m not Qualified for the position I applied for and that I need a minimum of 6 months experience in cosmetics sales.

The original description and qualifications for the job stated that no prior cosmetic experience is needed. I have a ton of sales experience both b2b and consumer. I find it truly odd that they advertise not needing cosmetic experience and then telling me I don’t qualify for a job because of the very same reason.

Be clear on what you’re looking for and don’t bait and switch roles. Also don’t list positions that you aren’t actively hiring for.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2017.

Interview

I was initially called over the phone for the "phone interview" but it was mainly to talk about my hours and availability. The HR rep also asked which departments I'd be most interested in working at (jewelry). Then during the actual in store interview which was a few days after the phone call I spoke to two managers. After their questions I was shown the department where I would work if I were to be hired.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website, few days later they sent me an email to make an appointment for a phone interview..
    the interview took 10 minutes, very easy and she liked me so make an appointment to meet in person.. so I am waiting for the day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Braintree, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

HR staff was nice and tried to make the process seem light. Problem was that it took 2.5 hours. I spoke with two people who both asked me the same questions from a company packet. Seemed too long and repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to please a customer and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Edison, NJ).

Interview

Had phone interview first. Very basic scripted questions and then got scheduled for in person interview. Was interviewed by HR and department manager. They were mostly behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a competitive environment.   Answer Question