Nordstrom Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

It was a group interview. They had tables of different departments that were hiring and we got to choose 2-3 department we wanted to interview for. After that, we were interviewed by managers in the department we chose. They called a day or two to let you know if you were hired or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I filled out an online application and personality test. If you pass the test you may get an email to set up a phone interview in a week or so. The phone interview consisted of basic conversation skills. Just be friendly, listen carefully and sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• How did you display great customer service? Give me an example of a time you were a leader. What are three of your skills? What is something you need to personally work on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I heard from them right away, they told me they would consider me if I could be more flexible with my schedule. I was and was scheduled for an interview right away.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

Very straight forward interview on why I chose Nordstrom, and if I had any retail experience. The interview is focused on how I can better a customer's experience shopping, as well as how I can thrive in the competitive commission-based environment such as sales tactics and mindset.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, responded to a follow-up email from nordstrom careers ("position opening: you might be interested" generic), submitted my resume and called my local store to let them know I had applied. Within the hour, I received an email offering an appointment for a short phone screening. The screening lasted about 10 minutes (nice lady named Kelsey), and accepted an in-person appointment for the next week.

2+ week process, phone and in-person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked in commission-based sales in the past? How was your experience?   1 Answer
    • What are some concerns, motivators and goals you have about/for this position?   1 Answer
    • What qualities do you think a person in this position should have?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked on a competitive team in the past, and are you a competitive person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I first applied online, I received an email soon after, then the following day i got a phone call interview, the phone call basically asked about availability, how many hours i can work and on what days, second interview went fairly well. I came in a day later and sat in class for a few hours of training,then more training on the floors rotated between various departments. Long hours but great staff. Everyone seems nice.

Interview Questions

• Q: tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Q: My availability, how many days will i be able to work?
      Q: What times can i work?
      Q: Am I willing to work sundays?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX).

Interview

You fill out the application online and then if that goes well they will email you to set up a phone appointment. During the phone appointment they asked me about your availability. My availability was friday afternoon, saturday, sunday and the holiday weeks since i go to school and that still wasn't enough for a seasonal employee

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Newport Beach, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I walked in and inquired about the hiring process at the register I wanted to work at. The 3 girls working, politely told me that everything was done online, and to apply from the Nordstrom website. They got the manager for me anyways and I spoke to her briefly, and told her my name etc. She told me to apply online and that she would get HR to pull my name. I applied online once I got home, and was called the following day to set up an interview time. The interview was quite lengthy and lasted about 40 minutes. I was taken outside and had a sit down talk with the department manager, then I was showed around the floor, and then the back room. After, I was asked to pull an outfit for a "customer" who needed something for "cocktail night with the girls".

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2016.

Interview

Showed up for to interview for a Regular position for Accessories/Handbags/Jewelry. Then once I showed up I was informed that I would be interviewing for a Seasonal, "pop-up" area in the store, consisting of tacky Walmart-looking items. This was after I had previously allotted 2 hours of my time for a phone interview that consisted of 3 non-work related questions and lasted a total of 3 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If you were about to not meet your sales goals, what steps would you take to ensure that you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Awkward. They put you in the tiniest room and the manager who interviewed me was nervous. Very inexperienced. She was the kidswear manager and I'm not sure she's not a kid. She asked questions off a printed sheet and it appears he's got points to check if I guess correctly. She kept messing up the questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you helped someone.   1 Answer