Nordstrom Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

I applied online, and 15 minutes after I applied I got an email about setting up a phone interview. I have an interview on May 30th and I couldn't be more excited!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a customer was unhappy with a situation, what did you do about it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Spokane, WA).

Interview

I was interviewed individually, but in a room where three others were also undergoing interviews. I was interviewed by two managers for about 15 minutes, and then one more manager for about 5. They were very friendly, and outgoing people, so talking to them was natural. I had a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you set a goal for yourself, and achieved it. How did you meet this goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

It was a group interview. They had tables of different departments that were hiring and we got to choose 2-3 department we wanted to interview for. After that, we were interviewed by managers in the department we chose. They called a day or two to let you know if you were hired or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I heard from them right away, they told me they would consider me if I could be more flexible with my schedule. I was and was scheduled for an interview right away.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I filled out an online application and personality test. If you pass the test you may get an email to set up a phone interview in a week or so. The phone interview consisted of basic conversation skills. Just be friendly, listen carefully and sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• How did you display great customer service? Give me an example of a time you were a leader. What are three of your skills? What is something you need to personally work on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

Very straight forward interview on why I chose Nordstrom, and if I had any retail experience. The interview is focused on how I can better a customer's experience shopping, as well as how I can thrive in the competitive commission-based environment such as sales tactics and mindset.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, responded to a follow-up email from nordstrom careers ("position opening: you might be interested" generic), submitted my resume and called my local store to let them know I had applied. Within the hour, I received an email offering an appointment for a short phone screening. The screening lasted about 10 minutes (nice lady named Kelsey), and accepted an in-person appointment for the next week.

2+ week process, phone and in-person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked in commission-based sales in the past? How was your experience?   1 Answer
    • What are some concerns, motivators and goals you have about/for this position?   1 Answer
    • What qualities do you think a person in this position should have?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked on a competitive team in the past, and are you a competitive person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I first applied online, I received an email soon after, then the following day i got a phone call interview, the phone call basically asked about availability, how many hours i can work and on what days, second interview went fairly well. I came in a day later and sat in class for a few hours of training,then more training on the floors rotated between various departments. Long hours but great staff. Everyone seems nice.

Interview Questions

• Q: tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Q: My availability, how many days will i be able to work?
      Q: What times can i work?
      Q: Am I willing to work sundays?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX).

Interview

You fill out the application online and then if that goes well they will email you to set up a phone appointment. During the phone appointment they asked me about your availability. My availability was friday afternoon, saturday, sunday and the holiday weeks since i go to school and that still wasn't enough for a seasonal employee

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Newport Beach, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I walked in and inquired about the hiring process at the register I wanted to work at. The 3 girls working, politely told me that everything was done online, and to apply from the Nordstrom website. They got the manager for me anyways and I spoke to her briefly, and told her my name etc. She told me to apply online and that she would get HR to pull my name. I applied online once I got home, and was called the following day to set up an interview time. The interview was quite lengthy and lasted about 40 minutes. I was taken outside and had a sit down talk with the department manager, then I was showed around the floor, and then the back room. After, I was asked to pull an outfit for a "customer" who needed something for "cocktail night with the girls".

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?   1 Answer