Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. You basically have a phone interview with HR, who then brings you in to meet them, the department manager and maybe the store manager. I was hired on the spot, so it went pretty smooth.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online and was called within days. Did online interview. Then went to the store and interviewed with the department manager. Asked general questions about how you would handle customer service issues, co-workers, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

ask all the basic interview questions. They really want to know that you are fashionable and professional. They are very big on customer service. talk about how you would like to implement that feature in the work-field. You don't need college but its a plus. the interview is one on one, unless they are training an assistant. They have to stick to a basic interview question list so just look up the list and you will be good to go.

Interview Questions

• what was the biggest thing you have overcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Boulder, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Only asked 3 or 4 questions. The basics with any retail job. Then in person interview was basically more of the same + a sales exercise on the floor. It took about 45 minutes or so. Didn't even let me know if I had gotten the job until I called back to check in with some excuse about the HR department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I've interviewed at this location multiple times within several years. Each time, I was rejected for no real reason. Nordstrom, like all other high-falutin' stores, discriminates based on looks, demeanor, and ethnicity - that combination. I have a great background for a retail sales jobs - tons of retail experience, polite, well-groomed, etc. I was a lifelong Nordstrom shopper, I'm passionate about fashion and beauty, and I really enjoy helping customers find the best products for their needs. Nordstrom needs to stop being so clique-ish, superficial, and discriminatory. Hire the BEST people, not the prettiest, whitest, most expensively dressed, celeb-like, etc. The most down-to-earth, genuine people are the nicest, most loyal, most conscientious. STOP DISCRIMINATING - stop rejecting otherwise perfect interviewees based on whatever bias you have against their physical appearance, demeanor, and ethnicity. It's ILLEGAL to fail to hire based on these characteristics. SHAME on you, NORDSTROM!! I stopped shopping there a while ago. BOYCOTT NORDSTROM!!

Interview Questions

• The usual basic salespeople questions. If you've interviewed for sales jobs, you know the drill.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Spoke with floor Manager and was immediately hired due to previous experience working in retail. It was not the normal process to my understanding and I believe they chose to take this route due to need for an immediate hire. It is good seasonal work but can be slow off season.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous retail experience?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process was super easy. They asked typical scenario questions and the manager was very friendly and easy going. Overall really good experience and great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

Typically 4 different interviews. One phone screen. If you pass that you will be asked to do an in-person interview in a store. You will meet with the hiring manager and then immediately be interviewed by another manager. If the time permits, the store manager will meet you after or you will be rescheduled to meet with the store manager another day.

You will be called within a week for hire or decline.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Why did you decide to put in the extra effort.

Why Nordstrom?

Tell me about a time you worked on a team and you all had to reach a decision. What was your role on that team and what was the outcome?

Tell me about a goal you set recently and the steps you took to achieve it. Did you encounter any obstacles and how did you overcome them?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

Extremely simple. Less than 30 minutes to speak with the HR person and a job was offered. She went through basic questions and then reviewed all of my previous experience while working with other retail companies.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied through their online application, i got a call a few days later and talked to the manager of HR and she set up an interview with my department manager. My department manager asked some basic questions, mostly related to my schedule and availability. I was applying for the kids wear department. I didnt hear back for him for about a week so I gave him a call and he ended up giving me the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability   Answer Question
    • How would you familiarize yourself with the floor and our product   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you exceeded a managers expectations   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for this department   1 Answer