Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. You basically have a phone interview with HR, who then brings you in to meet them, the department manager and maybe the store manager. I was hired on the spot, so it went pretty smooth.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

i have a applied twice. the first time i was declined offer after the phone interview. the second time i applied online then scheduled a phone call. (took about a week) i was then offered a in person meeting that i later declined because of another job offer. the second interview was way quicker/easier, probably because it was for a seasonal position

Interview Questions

• describe a time you handled a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Received an email to schedule a phone interview 2 days after I put my application in. They asked the basic sales questions over the phone. Then scheduled an in person interview where I met with 2 managers from the department. Received a phone call later that day for the position

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were competitive on the job   Answer Question
    • If you didn't make commission the week prior what would you do different the next week?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when a customer had too high expectations   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process was very friendly and easy. I was interviewed by the department manager and she was awesome! I interviewed for a position as a cashier and she offered me a job as a salesperson instead, and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I was called for an interview about a week after I applied online. I was interviewed by the assistant manager in the back room of the trend department. It was just basic questions, and at the end she asked me to pick out a couple different outfits based on her criteria.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online and was called within days. Did online interview. Then went to the store and interviewed with the department manager. Asked general questions about how you would handle customer service issues, co-workers, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I've interviewed at this location multiple times within several years. Each time, I was rejected for no real reason. Nordstrom, like all other high-falutin' stores, discriminates based on looks, demeanor, and ethnicity - that combination. I have a great background for a retail sales jobs - tons of retail experience, polite, well-groomed, etc. I was a lifelong Nordstrom shopper, I'm passionate about fashion and beauty, and I really enjoy helping customers find the best products for their needs. Nordstrom needs to stop being so clique-ish, superficial, and discriminatory. Hire the BEST people, not the prettiest, whitest, most expensively dressed, celeb-like, etc. The most down-to-earth, genuine people are the nicest, most loyal, most conscientious. STOP DISCRIMINATING - stop rejecting otherwise perfect interviewees based on whatever bias you have against their physical appearance, demeanor, and ethnicity. It's ILLEGAL to fail to hire based on these characteristics. SHAME on you, NORDSTROM!! I stopped shopping there a while ago. BOYCOTT NORDSTROM!!

Interview Questions

• The usual basic salespeople questions. If you've interviewed for sales jobs, you know the drill.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Boulder, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Only asked 3 or 4 questions. The basics with any retail job. Then in person interview was basically more of the same + a sales exercise on the floor. It took about 45 minutes or so. Didn't even let me know if I had gotten the job until I called back to check in with some excuse about the HR department.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

This was an initial phone interview. It was only about 5 minutes long. They asked me to describe a difficult customer service problem I had encountered in the past and tell how I handled it. They also wanted to know how I felt about competition in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

ask all the basic interview questions. They really want to know that you are fashionable and professional. They are very big on customer service. talk about how you would like to implement that feature in the work-field. You don't need college but its a plus. the interview is one on one, unless they are training an assistant. They have to stick to a basic interview question list so just look up the list and you will be good to go.

Interview Questions

• what was the biggest thing you have overcome?   1 Answer