Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.4

744 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Met an assistant manager of the department for lunch in the Nordstrom cafe. We had a conversation discussing my interests in sales, shoes, and life outside of work. It was a relatively easy going interview and my interviewer was someone I ended up learning a lot from in my time at the company

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First I was set up for a phone interview than an in person interview with human resources and then with the manager of the department or departments. The manager interview can take place a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not meet your sales quota for the week?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They were very to the point but polite. I did a cold sale where I had to sell an article of clothing with no feedback from the interviewer. It was overall a very simple process and took about a month from application to the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe three selling points of an article of clothing from the floor.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview for cultural fit including behavioral questions. The interview was casual, yet professional. I interviewed with a manager in my department, so the ability to relate and connect is important.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you experienced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Quite pleasant. You will most likely go through a couple of rounds and the manager (of said department) will definitely do some roll play with you, so get ready!

Interview Questions

• Please act out an associate and I will act as a customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Beachwood, OH).

Interview

I got a and did a brief three question interview on the phone. I was told i qualified for an in person . I got an email with my time and location. Many people were there. I was interviewed by the assistant manager for the women's dept. It went well. She was friendly and informative. I got called a week later as promised and I got thejob.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a .customer and how did you resolvr it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Norfolk, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very standard interview, behavioral questions mostly. Met with HR manager and manager of department. Phoned within the week to offer position. Training within the next month and then start on the floor as a commissioned sales associate

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you handled in the workplace   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received email to schedule phone interview. Then had to meet with HR in store. Then had to meet with department manager. They asked "Why" and what skills do I possess?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Nice person on the other end all good. Nordstrom keeps it classy.

Didn't get it (I think?) because I mentioned an occasional Sunday volunteer commitment? My guess is they prefer totally open availability in retail?

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview by HR and then by Manager. The phone interview and HR interview were basic screening questions. The HR also was just to make sure you were the same person on the phone. The manger would walk around the department. Do a sample sale. Very basic.

Interview Questions

• How you dealt with customer service situations   1 Answer