Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.4

763 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First I was set up for a phone interview than an in person interview with human resources and then with the manager of the department or departments. The manager interview can take place a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not meet your sales quota for the week?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Met an assistant manager of the department for lunch in the Nordstrom cafe. We had a conversation discussing my interests in sales, shoes, and life outside of work. It was a relatively easy going interview and my interviewer was someone I ended up learning a lot from in my time at the company

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Denver, CO).

Interview

Group Interview and then a personal interview. The group interview was 3 interviewees and 4 interviewers. They would ask a question and then each person took a turn answering. Typical behavioral interview stuff i.e. Describe a time you were in a competitive environment? Then we went off with one of the interviewers and asked to put together an outfit and role play like we were working with a customer on the floor.

Interview Questions

• What blogs do you follow? What trends do you see coming out?
      How are you in a group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Washington, DC).

Interview

There was a telephone interview with HR that was pleasant and professional as part of the screening process. After that, there was a face to face interview with the department manager and tour of Nordstrom and the department I was interviewing for. The interview was professional but also I was made to feel like an individual even though several people were in attendance to interview within minutes of each other.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for a job with Nordstrom? What are the most important things to motivate you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Standard Issue HR questions, for sales positions, they will have you role play on how one will interact with a customer. Things like what is your biggest weakness? what is your strength? tell me about a time you worked in a team and did were not able to acheive a goal. how did you react and what did you learn

Interview Questions

• How should you 'close' a sale once the customer seems like they are about finished? This is to make sure you have what it takes to be molded into the 'Nordstrom Way'   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied for the job and a couple days later their HR assistant had reached out to me to schedule an interview. I then interviewed with the manager of the department that was looking to hire.

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Beachwood, OH).

Interview

Easy interview asking questions most retailers ask.
    Explain a time when you didn't achieve a goal?
    Explain when you did achieve a goal?
    What were the steps you took to do so?
    Explain a time when you went above to achieve a goal?
    Explain a time when you had to juggle multiple jobs?

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Starts off with a phone screening, after that they arrange an in person interview. In person interview was very simple and about 10 minutes or so. Only one interview and then offered.

Interview Questions

• Best way to deliver exceptional customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Newark, DE) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview the same day. She said she has one question, which was regarding my availability. I told her my hours, but she seemed completely displeased. I'm a college student so classes always come first, but the interviewer almost expected me to change my class schedule in order to cater to when they needed. Also, she insisted I be able to work for the holidays, which I understand is important, but I won't even be in the state at that time, as I'm going home for the holidays.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Must apply online, the rep calls you in a two hour window, if you miss it they don’t call back and you have to reschedule. I️ had an interview at Woodfield and the HR got me in and picked a department for me and I️ would have worked any department. The kids dept head scheduled me during a time she knew they had a sales rally so I️ was left waiting outside in the cold until someone let me in the employee door, then I️ waited 20 more minutes standing until someone finally took pity on me and found her. She was unorganized and asked me the same questions the HR lady did. She didn’t call me back but emailed me asking for a time to call me, then she didn’t call me, emailed again saying she was busy, and finally after two weeks in the whole process she said she picked another candidate. I️ could apply online for another position. I️ didn’t even pick that position. Why couldn’t she just tell HR and put me in another department or cashier if this department didn’t need me and they are hiring for literally 10 departments? Really dumb process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond to make a customer happy.   Answer Question