Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.4

716 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. You basically have a phone interview with HR, who then brings you in to meet them, the department manager and maybe the store manager. I was hired on the spot, so it went pretty smooth.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

phone interview, followed by group in person interview, followed by one on one interview with department manager, then interviewed over the phone with overall designer team manager, then offered a position within selected department

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Brief 5 minute phone interview, didn't allow me to proceed with the remainder of the hiring process because I was told that the position I applied for has already been filled.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

About a 2 week process. Interviewed with 2 departments before I got a call days later that I did not get the job. I wanted TBD but coming home from school the only open department was men's formal.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

You'll have several interviews with HR, Store manager, and department managers. First you have a phone interview, then they'll ask when you can come in for an interview. They take you on the floor for a customer/sales associate scenario.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

phone interview and in person interview. It was easy and basic questions. They basically just want to know more about you and see if you are a friendly/talkative person for customers

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked with a group and it didn't go as planned, how did you change the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Leesburg, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying online, they sent me a link to schedule an initial phone interview. After you select a time, you must be available for a two hour time slot after that time (ex. you select 2, they will call you any time between 2 and 4). After you pick up, the only question they asked me about was my availability, I told them I would have completely open availability. She seemed pleased by that. The woman looked up the position I was applying for and told me that all sales associate positions in all the departments had been filled since I had applied the last week. It became obvious to me at that point that the woman interviewing me wasn't from the specific store, but from some off-location call center that conducts these initial interviews. So I wasted two hours waiting for their call only to be told that there weren't any jobs left. For a store so well known for their customer service they treat potential employees terribly.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied online, and received an email the next day asking for an interview with HR. Interview with HR went smoothly, and I was invited back to interview in the store I applied to. I thought the interview went well, but they still hadn't called me back a week later. I called and I was given the run around about HR. Still haven't received a call back, I think it's probably safe to assume I didn't get it - which is fine, but I really find the delay in response unprofessional.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and schedule it at 2. Called me at 3:30. Waited quite a while and the person interviewing me sounded rushed. She said she would spend about 5-10 minutes on me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2017.

Interview

It was your basic interview with basic situational and personal questions. Overall very easy going, felt a bit like a conversation. They also bring you down to the store for a mock sale as well.