Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2018

2.4

812 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First I was set up for a phone interview than an in person interview with human resources and then with the manager of the department or departments. The manager interview can take place a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not meet your sales quota for the week?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interviewed with the Manager of the department I had applied for. He was polite and friendly and it was a very standard interview. No trick questions or anything like that--just trying to get a feel for your interpersonal skills and ability to problem solve

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an unsatisfied customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Fairly easy interview process heavily based on customer service topics. Interview was with a manager and employee. Important to be outgoing and friendly in the interview because they are looking for good social skills.

Interview Questions

• Have you been in a situation with an unhappy customer? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Pretty easy interview for seasonal holiday work. Group interview with typical scenario questions. Lasted maybe an hour/hour and a half. Accepted the offer afterwards & was brought on after the holidays full time.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted quickly to set up a phone pre-screen. Scheduled phone call for the next day, which revolved around availability, preference for a department and scheduling the in-person interview, which followed shortly. The atmosphere in the interview was very nice, and I felt welcomed by all employees. It started out with a general introduction about myself, why I would be qualified for the position and then some case questions about how I would react in a certain retail setting. Afterwards, some selling drills followed. I was given a scenario on what kind of customer would be coming in, and then had to play out the sales conversation and pull items I would offer to the customer. It was the longest interview I had ever had for a retail job, but we also received a lot of information about the company, their values and this specific store while we were there, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not reach your sales target?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2018.

Interview

2 days after applying I got an email requesting a phone screen interview. Phone screen was literally 2 minutes. The HR rep asked me what my availability was and confirmed the department I applied for and gave me a date and time for a face to face interview. Face to face interview was 2 days later, There were about 5 other people waiting to be interviewed by different departments. The first interview had several questions (at least 15 questions). After the interview, I was asked to stick around to meet the store manager. Later that day I received a call for a second interview just to meet the rest of the management team for the department. Offered the job and training was 3 weeks later.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Brief and basic, nothing out of the ordinary. Was called for a one on one interview, and was later called with a job offer. The training process took the majority of time, at least a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Denver, CO) in March 2018.

Interview

the interview was easy and straightforward, he asked me a couple of questions about myself and my previous job. I was asked to introduce myself and why do I want work for Nordstrom?
    I received a called from HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Glendale, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled it for 2 days later. When I received the call the first question they asked was what my availability was. They said the latest shift starts at 1pm and you had to be available during weekends. This did not work for me so that was the end of the interview. It would have been nice if they had reviewed my availability I filled out on the application before scheduling an interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, received email about phone interview a couple days later, then went into store and interviewed with the department manager about a week later. Overall, simple process and super quick. Make sure you let them know how available you are and they'll end up sending you to the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you dealt with a difficult customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question