Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. You basically have a phone interview with HR, who then brings you in to meet them, the department manager and maybe the store manager. I was hired on the spot, so it went pretty smooth.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

phone interview and in person interview. It was easy and basic questions. They basically just want to know more about you and see if you are a friendly/talkative person for customers

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked with a group and it didn't go as planned, how did you change the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied online, and received an email the next day asking for an interview with HR. Interview with HR went smoothly, and I was invited back to interview in the store I applied to. I thought the interview went well, but they still hadn't called me back a week later. I called and I was given the run around about HR. Still haven't received a call back, I think it's probably safe to assume I didn't get it - which is fine, but I really find the delay in response unprofessional.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2017.

Interview

It was your basic interview with basic situational and personal questions. Overall very easy going, felt a bit like a conversation. They also bring you down to the store for a mock sale as well.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Received an email to schedule a phone interview 2 days after I put my application in. They asked the basic sales questions over the phone. Then scheduled an in person interview where I met with 2 managers from the department. Received a phone call later that day for the position

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were competitive on the job   Answer Question
    • If you didn't make commission the week prior what would you do different the next week?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when a customer had too high expectations   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Three phone calls then an in person interview followed with a phone call offering the job. The first interview was a quick Q&A that was very general. The second was more general but about sales and hours an the third interview was typical about what I'm like and if I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 2 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Mission Viejo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The Interview was a quick 30 min with half questions and the other half with simulations on the sale floor. Had to answer 4-5 questions on basic customer service and had to go on the floor and they asked me to get an outfit and try to sell if to them. they showed me around the department before so i knew where everything was.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time in your life you had to be the most competitive   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a quick phone-call interview a week later. I was then asked for an in-person interview. The questions were pretty normal and I actually saw all the questions on Glassdoor when I was preparing.

Interview Questions

• Role-play: Setting up a fitting room for me. (Making two outfits with a pair of jeans).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

i have a applied twice. the first time i was declined offer after the phone interview. the second time i applied online then scheduled a phone call. (took about a week) i was then offered a in person meeting that i later declined because of another job offer. the second interview was way quicker/easier, probably because it was for a seasonal position

Interview Questions

• describe a time you handled a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process was very friendly and easy. I was interviewed by the department manager and she was awesome! I interviewed for a position as a cashier and she offered me a job as a salesperson instead, and I accepted.