Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2018

2.4

775 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First I was set up for a phone interview than an in person interview with human resources and then with the manager of the department or departments. The manager interview can take place a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not meet your sales quota for the week?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Met an assistant manager of the department for lunch in the Nordstrom cafe. We had a conversation discussing my interests in sales, shoes, and life outside of work. It was a relatively easy going interview and my interviewer was someone I ended up learning a lot from in my time at the company

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Easy interview, basically what you would expect from any interview. Your manager interviews you and hires you. After interviewing you are taken on a tour and then my manager offered me the job that day.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted quickly to set up a phone pre-screen. Scheduled phone call for the next day, which revolved around availability, preference for a department and scheduling the in-person interview, which followed shortly. The atmosphere in the interview was very nice, and I felt welcomed by all employees. It started out with a general introduction about myself, why I would be qualified for the position and then some case questions about how I would react in a certain retail setting. Afterwards, some selling drills followed. I was given a scenario on what kind of customer would be coming in, and then had to play out the sales conversation and pull items I would offer to the customer. It was the longest interview I had ever had for a retail job, but we also received a lot of information about the company, their values and this specific store while we were there, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not reach your sales target?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Minnetonka, MN).

Interview

I interviewed for a new store opening and so the interview process was most likely different than if one is coming into a store that is already up and running. Interviews were carried out at a hotel across the street and were open to anyone who applied online beforehand and wanted to interview. First, there was a group interview where they got to know everyone and got a feel for what department each person would work best in. Everyone was then split up into groups based on which department they were interviewing for and were then interviewed individually with the department manager.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Was called for a phone screening. Asked to come in for an in person interview. Interviewed by department manager. Did a sales demo. Offered a job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Washington, DC).

Interview

There was a telephone interview with HR that was pleasant and professional as part of the screening process. After that, there was a face to face interview with the department manager and tour of Nordstrom and the department I was interviewing for. The interview was professional but also I was made to feel like an individual even though several people were in attendance to interview within minutes of each other.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for a job with Nordstrom? What are the most important things to motivate you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Standard Issue HR questions, for sales positions, they will have you role play on how one will interact with a customer. Things like what is your biggest weakness? what is your strength? tell me about a time you worked in a team and did were not able to acheive a goal. how did you react and what did you learn

Interview Questions

• How should you 'close' a sale once the customer seems like they are about finished? This is to make sure you have what it takes to be molded into the 'Nordstrom Way'   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Denver, CO).

Interview

Group Interview and then a personal interview. The group interview was 3 interviewees and 4 interviewers. They would ask a question and then each person took a turn answering. Typical behavioral interview stuff i.e. Describe a time you were in a competitive environment? Then we went off with one of the interviewers and asked to put together an outfit and role play like we were working with a customer on the floor.

Interview Questions

• What blogs do you follow? What trends do you see coming out?
      How are you in a group?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied for the job and a couple days later their HR assistant had reached out to me to schedule an interview. I then interviewed with the manager of the department that was looking to hire.