Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2011.

Interview

I applied for at least 10 jobs at Nordstrom and I never got an interview with them, I want to know What am I doing wrong? I filled out the whole application process online. They always send me an email telling me about the job that I apply and 2 days later an email telling me the whole interview process is going to star without me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had an upset customer and how you handle it?   Answer Question
  • If you are not meeting your metrics (sales goals) What would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

i have a applied twice. the first time i was declined offer after the phone interview. the second time i applied online then scheduled a phone call. (took about a week) i was then offered a in person meeting that i later declined because of another job offer. the second interview was way quicker/easier, probably because it was for a seasonal position

Interview Questions

• describe a time you handled a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall I found the interview very friendly, but they certainly put you on the spot with tricky questions. They asked many detailed hypothetical questions. They also asked questions about prior experience, and how you handle specific situations.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bellevue, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed and hired during a mass hiring so there were a lot of other people getting interviewed at the same time. It started off with a phone call where you answered a few questions then sent to a store. Once you were at the store they would have interviewers wait in the same room and managers for different departments would come and get you. So it was possible to have one interview to multiple depending on how many departments were hiring and interested.

Interview Questions

• They asked for me to pick out a day and night outfit using their department and each outfit had to be trendy and use the same basic piece. (Like a white tee shirt.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, did a phone interview then moved on to schedule an in person interview at the store I applied at with the manager of that department. After I got there, they interviewed me for an entirely different department than they said I would be interviewing for which is pretty unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, discuss a time you overcame an obstacle.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Two interviews. First session = 2 interviews with 2 different department managers to find your fit and to review past work experience. The first session had around 20 or so people, each meeting with different department managers. Second session= Offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days. I was emailed to come in for an interview the next day. Questions were not all easy and i was interviewed twice. They called the next day and said they went with another candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I applied online and went to the store the next day to personally hand in another copy of my resume. I think this helped me a lot because I got to meet with the department manager face-to-face, which is always a leg up (not being just a piece of paper). The process took about a week in total. I was called in for an interview several days later; there was a basic question interview followed by a performance review. I was called in again the next day to talk to the store manager, which included more conversational questions.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to come up with several outfits based on a customer profile they invent for you on the spot.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Orange, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (East Orange, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Just had interview today. Should have looked on Glassdoor first!! Did not do well because did not have answers prepared for these questions. Lesson learned! Best bet is to have your "stories" prepared and ready to go! Good luck! I know a great place to work once you get in!

Interview Question –
    Why do you want to work at Nordstrom's?
    Tell me about a time you were compared to a coworker. How did it affect you?
    Tell me about a time you dealt with an upset customer?
    How do you feel about commissioned pay?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do to fix it? What were the results?
      Tell me about a time you were compared to a coworker. How did it affect you?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Houston, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

READ AND REMEMBER....Dress trendy and SMILE and be bubbly, wear nothing too revealing and nothing too short. They will take you to a small room and sit you down. Do not ask to explain the question and answer them to the best of your ability. The questions are ridiculous and pointless but just be sharp and quick. They are basically trying to see if you absorb great judgment in situations.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider a flaw in a function?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Choose your department wisely, avoid At Home, BP clothing, hosiery, and Dresses. Best departments are mens anything, shoes, TBD, Via C, Studio, Collectors, and COSMETICS