Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.4

724 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Towson, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was easy. Just asked a series of behavioral questions and then after meeting the hiring manager they made sell a product on the spot. Overall an easy experience but you have to come prepared.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

Informative, brief, and very positive. My current manager is the best I could ask for! The questions asked about my previous experience and she was able to gain a good perspective of my personality through them.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well in a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone then face to face. I got the job during the interview but then i had to call back to see if i got the job. Ughhh Because they forgot about me. That was not very professional.

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Beachwood, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called to come in for an in person about a week after I applied. First interview was with 2 ladies from the department I applied to. My availability was not what they needed but I was very qualified so they passed me on to the manager of a different department. The interview was short, about 4 questions. They give you a tour to kind of test your product knowledge. After they told me the would contact me within a week, which they did, to offer me the position.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR) in May 2013.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview followed by in person. In person was conducted in a room with a significant number of other applicants. Applicants were called forward to one of a few tables around the room. Each table had three department managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Nice person on the other end all good. Nordstrom keeps it classy.

Didn't get it (I think?) because I mentioned an occasional Sunday volunteer commitment? My guess is they prefer totally open availability in retail?

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Met an assistant manager of the department for lunch in the Nordstrom cafe. We had a conversation discussing my interests in sales, shoes, and life outside of work. It was a relatively easy going interview and my interviewer was someone I ended up learning a lot from in my time at the company

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview by HR and then by Manager. The phone interview and HR interview were basic screening questions. The HR also was just to make sure you were the same person on the phone. The manger would walk around the department. Do a sample sale. Very basic.

Interview Questions

• How you dealt with customer service situations   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Glendale, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I always had a Positive vibe during the interview process. I have been with the company four almost four years now and been through many different positions and always had a positive experience with the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a costumer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Aventura, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online, first I arrived there and there was A LOT of candidates already in line.. Probably about 50. They did a group interview, very dynamic I had never seen that before. Out of those people they only called a few. I went for a second interview (one on one) with my possible new manager and it was nice.