Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied through their online application, i got a call a few days later and talked to the manager of HR and she set up an interview with my department manager. My department manager asked some basic questions, mostly related to my schedule and availability. I was applying for the kids wear department. I didnt hear back for him for about a week so I gave him a call and he ended up giving me the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability   Answer Question
  • How would you familiarize yourself with the floor and our product   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time where you exceeded a managers expectations   1 Answer
  • Why did you apply for this department   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First, I applied online. A few days later, I got an email to set up a phone interview. They ask that you set aside two hours, because they could call you any time in that two hours.

The first questioned I was asked was why I wanted to work at Nordstrom. Then I was asked about my availability. They do have specific times they are looking for, so I ended up not being a good fit for them based on my current availability.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Contacted me a month or so after applying, asked for a phone interview. On the phone, all they asked was my availability, and then scheduled a time for me to come in. Interviewed with two different departments, both had the same sheet of interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Burlingame, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

After a brief discussion with HR where I discussed availability, I was introduced to the dept manager who asked me a series of questions about my past work experience and wrote down the answers. She asked me about times I struggled, succeeded, and failed during work in the past, confirmed availability, and then gave me an offer right after the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

HireVue interview first online then, Panel interview 2nd in person. The panel interview was more challenging and tested your basic sales knowledge. Definitely check out the other reviews on Glassdoor and practice your sales pitch.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Start with over the phone interview, minimal questions. Followed by an in person interview, basic question and an offer. Background check and paper work. adding more words words words... need to add more words to the question. Wasn't the best company to work for but I don't have enough work experience to add any other reviews.

Interview Questions

• past experiences, conflict management, strengths and weaknesses, difficult situations and your reactions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First I received a phone interview which they only asked for my availability. The guy on the phone said he'd call me back with information about an in store interview but did not get back to me. Since he never called me back I made sure to be persistent and that led to me being moved to the top of the list for an interview. Today I met the manager of Top shop; she asked a few questions that were pretty simple to answer. She made me feel comfortable and ended the interview with showing me the Top shop department.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Just asked some quick questions regarding my availability. Expected more! Thats all she really asked me and then after that she told me that the HR manager in store would be the one to interview me. Im waiting on that interview now and really looking forward to it. It was a very easy interview that I really over prepared for.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2016.

Interview

I got a call a couple days after I submitted my online application, to set up in person interview. It was fairly easy, just basic questions, and got the result 2 days later. Then there were 2 training classes before starting to work.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

First, I applied online and was contacted by phone within a few days. I had a quick phone interview, then a week later had an in person interview. It was very standard. The department manager of the store interviewed me by reading questions prompted by a script. It was very repetitive. It took another 2 or so weeks to do "orientation." Overall, it was a long process for a job most anyone can do.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Seattle, WA What is your availability
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Seattle, WA How would you familiarize yourself with the floor and our product
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Seattle, WA Tell me about a time where you exceeded a managers expectations
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Seattle, WA Why did you apply for this department
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview San Diego, CA Why do you want to work at Nordstorm?
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Seattle, WA Why Nordstrom?
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Seattle, WA Experience in sales?
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Seattle, WA Familiarity with the department?
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Burlingame, CA What was a time you struggles?
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview "Show me how you would sell me this watch"
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview past experiences, conflict management, strengths and weaknesses, difficult situations and your reactions.
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview San Diego, CA Q: Why Nordstrom?
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview What is your availability?
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview How you feel about working on commission?
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Do you have experience in sales?
Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Are you interested in fashion?