Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.4

738 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Mission Viejo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The Interview was a quick 30 min with half questions and the other half with simulations on the sale floor. Had to answer 4-5 questions on basic customer service and had to go on the floor and they asked me to get an outfit and try to sell if to them. they showed me around the department before so i knew where everything was.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time in your life you had to be the most competitive   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a quick phone-call interview a week later. I was then asked for an in-person interview. The questions were pretty normal and I actually saw all the questions on Glassdoor when I was preparing.

Interview Questions

• Role-play: Setting up a fitting room for me. (Making two outfits with a pair of jeans).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

i have a applied twice. the first time i was declined offer after the phone interview. the second time i applied online then scheduled a phone call. (took about a week) i was then offered a in person meeting that i later declined because of another job offer. the second interview was way quicker/easier, probably because it was for a seasonal position

Interview Questions

• describe a time you handled a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process was very friendly and easy. I was interviewed by the department manager and she was awesome! I interviewed for a position as a cashier and she offered me a job as a salesperson instead, and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Beachwood, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called to come in for an in person about a week after I applied. First interview was with 2 ladies from the department I applied to. My availability was not what they needed but I was very qualified so they passed me on to the manager of a different department. The interview was short, about 4 questions. They give you a tour to kind of test your product knowledge. After they told me the would contact me within a week, which they did, to offer me the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I was called for an interview about a week after I applied online. I was interviewed by the assistant manager in the back room of the trend department. It was just basic questions, and at the end she asked me to pick out a couple different outfits based on her criteria.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online and was called within days. Did online interview. Then went to the store and interviewed with the department manager. Asked general questions about how you would handle customer service issues, co-workers, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Boulder, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Only asked 3 or 4 questions. The basics with any retail job. Then in person interview was basically more of the same + a sales exercise on the floor. It took about 45 minutes or so. Didn't even let me know if I had gotten the job until I called back to check in with some excuse about the HR department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I've interviewed at this location multiple times within several years. Each time, I was rejected for no real reason. Nordstrom, like all other high-falutin' stores, discriminates based on looks, demeanor, and ethnicity - that combination. I have a great background for a retail sales jobs - tons of retail experience, polite, well-groomed, etc. I was a lifelong Nordstrom shopper, I'm passionate about fashion and beauty, and I really enjoy helping customers find the best products for their needs. Nordstrom needs to stop being so clique-ish, superficial, and discriminatory. Hire the BEST people, not the prettiest, whitest, most expensively dressed, celeb-like, etc. The most down-to-earth, genuine people are the nicest, most loyal, most conscientious. STOP DISCRIMINATING - stop rejecting otherwise perfect interviewees based on whatever bias you have against their physical appearance, demeanor, and ethnicity. It's ILLEGAL to fail to hire based on these characteristics. SHAME on you, NORDSTROM!! I stopped shopping there a while ago. BOYCOTT NORDSTROM!!

Interview Questions

• The usual basic salespeople questions. If you've interviewed for sales jobs, you know the drill.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

This was an initial phone interview. It was only about 5 minutes long. They asked me to describe a difficult customer service problem I had encountered in the past and tell how I handled it. They also wanted to know how I felt about competition in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?   1 Answer