Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.4

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Alexandria, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was ok, but I could've done a little bit better if I did some more research. So I would recommend other to learn a little bit about the products that the department that you apply for sell, it will leave your interviewer a good impressing of you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Happy Valley, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Happy Valley, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

(The only reason I said no offer is because I haven't gotten a call yet. If I do or don't get the job I'll be sure to write about that later)

I applied online and the application process was fairly easy. I got an email about 2 days later stating that I had the qualifications they were looking for (standard email that everyone receives I'm guessing) and asked me to pick a day and time for a phone interview. The phone interview was actually really fast (no more than 10 minutes). One of the HR's called me and asked me pretty simple questions and then asked me to come in for an in person interview the following week. I got an email after the phone interview asking for additional information along with a background check and a confirmation for my in person interview. The day of my second interview I had to check in at the Topshop department. I thought I was going to be by myself but it turns out there were others scheduled for an interview that same day and time too. We were all greeted by an HR and taken up to the conference room. There we were introduced to a few of the different department managers who were going to interview us. A few of us were called at a time and were interviewed. The second interview was really chill but professional at the same time. I got asked the basic interview questions and towards the end was asked to sell an item to the manager who was interviewing me. After the interview I was told I'd be receiving a call whether I got the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was super easy. Basic questions and availability. The person giving the interview is very friendly and makes you feel comfortable. Make sure you are well prepared so you can answer perfectly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a customer issue.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewed with Human Resources and then they informed me of which departments had openings. They then scheduled interviews with the departments I expressed interest in. I had a few days to research more information on the various departments and the vendors they carried and fashion trends. After that it was to determine which one was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. They also, included ones about current knowledge of the company and fashion trends.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position three days later i got invited to a video interview invitation from nordstorm rack, three days later after re viewing my video they emailed four days later to set up an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• So many employees loose task while assisting customers how can you handle that better?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Freehold, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

first you take a phone interview with hr. if they like you they'll pick a departmen where they think you would do best and they set you up with a department manager interview. if you do well with that interview then you will briefly chat with the store manager. if he/she likes you and then your hired!

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had to deal with a customer who had high expectations. what did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in September 2016.

Interview

Big interview with multiple candidates and multiple interviewers in a lunch room. After speaking with two separate department managers since the first thought I'd be a better fit in another department. Then after met with store manager and a few other candidates.

Interview Questions

• General questions. A lot about customers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

First you are interviewed in front of a panel of managers, and then the department manager. The panel asks you to stand up in front of everyone and tell them a little about yourself. You're basically just asked to describe your past working experience. Then you are interviewed by the manager of the department you applied for. Just asks you questions about work history and how you would go about selling merchandise.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't meet your daily sales goal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

I interviewed with the department manager who decided to make his own questions instead of reading off the questions in front of him. He clearly thought these questions were super awesome but in reality the answers were obvious. For example he asked, "Are you a hardworker?" I think anyone who wanted a job badly enough would know to answer yes.

Interview Questions

• Are you a hardworker? Name a time when you were challenged with a difficult personality. We also did a role play situation selling on the floor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Washington, DC).

Interview

There was a Phone interview then 3 in person interviews. the final one was a group interview with the store manager and three other department managers. it was a long process then training was a week