Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.4

724 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process was super easy. They asked typical scenario questions and the manager was very friendly and easy going. Overall really good experience and great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

Typically 4 different interviews. One phone screen. If you pass that you will be asked to do an in-person interview in a store. You will meet with the hiring manager and then immediately be interviewed by another manager. If the time permits, the store manager will meet you after or you will be rescheduled to meet with the store manager another day.

You will be called within a week for hire or decline.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Why did you decide to put in the extra effort.

Why Nordstrom?

Tell me about a time you worked on a team and you all had to reach a decision. What was your role on that team and what was the outcome?

Tell me about a goal you set recently and the steps you took to achieve it. Did you encounter any obstacles and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

Extremely simple. Less than 30 minutes to speak with the HR person and a job was offered. She went through basic questions and then reviewed all of my previous experience while working with other retail companies.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied through their online application, i got a call a few days later and talked to the manager of HR and she set up an interview with my department manager. My department manager asked some basic questions, mostly related to my schedule and availability. I was applying for the kids wear department. I didnt hear back for him for about a week so I gave him a call and he ended up giving me the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability   Answer Question
    • How would you familiarize yourself with the floor and our product   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you exceeded a managers expectations   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for this department   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First, I applied online. A few days later, I got an email to set up a phone interview. They ask that you set aside two hours, because they could call you any time in that two hours.

The first questioned I was asked was why I wanted to work at Nordstrom. Then I was asked about my availability. They do have specific times they are looking for, so I ended up not being a good fit for them based on my current availability.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall I found the interview very friendly, but they certainly put you on the spot with tricky questions. They asked many detailed hypothetical questions. They also asked questions about prior experience, and how you handle specific situations.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone then face to face. I got the job during the interview but then i had to call back to see if i got the job. Ughhh Because they forgot about me. That was not very professional.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Contacted me a month or so after applying, asked for a phone interview. On the phone, all they asked was my availability, and then scheduled a time for me to come in. Interviewed with two different departments, both had the same sheet of interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Burlingame, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

After a brief discussion with HR where I discussed availability, I was introduced to the dept manager who asked me a series of questions about my past work experience and wrote down the answers. She asked me about times I struggled, succeeded, and failed during work in the past, confirmed availability, and then gave me an offer right after the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

HireVue interview first online then, Panel interview 2nd in person. The panel interview was more challenging and tested your basic sales knowledge. Definitely check out the other reviews on Glassdoor and practice your sales pitch.