Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2016

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

One phone interview. If they like you, they'll schedule a time to meet with the head of human resources where you'll have an interview with him/her. If he/she likes you, then he/she will set you up with an interview with the manager of your department. And if the manager of your department likes you, he/she will call you and offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you weren't able to complete a task on time and what did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (West Palm Beach, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They emailed me the next day to set a phone interview time. the phone interview was easy. They asked me to name a time when I dealt with a difficult customer & how do I feel about commission sales then she gave me a date for an in person interview. The in person interview was fine the manager was friendly. She asked scenario questions & It felt more like a conversation. She also let me know that they're company encourages employees who want to move around in different positions within the company. & theyre cool with transferring if u want to move. And then we went on the sales floor & I had to put together an outfit for someone going to dinner then a party. Then I spoke briefly with the other manager & that's was it. I got the job 2 days later. Oh & at the end of the interview when the manager says "do u have any questions?" Ask them what advice would u give to a new hire to have a successful career at nordstrom. They'll love that! My advice is just come dressed nice, be friendly, give eye contact, and smile & you'll be ok.. Good luck !

Interview Questions

• Name a time u dealt with a difficult customer & what was the outcome   1 Answer
    • When was a time u exceeded a sales quota   Answer Question
    • why should we hire you   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time you worked with a team to reach a common goal   Answer Question
    • When was a time u had to do a job outside of your job description & how did u do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within the week I received an email stating they would like to do a video interview. The video was easy to do and I was able to use my home computer.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions like why do you want to work here, tell us about a situation in which you provided great customer service. I have a feeling that they wanted to see what I looked like before they wanted to meet me face to face. Once they saw me on the video interview they weren't interested anymore.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was very simple, easy and quick! I applied on Tuesday night and on a Wednesday afternoon I received a email invitation to do a " video interview" and what that was basically you record you answers to their recorded questions, you have a certain time to answer and you can't go back and re do.... This first interview can seam a little intimidating but is simple and quick, I think I got 5 questions total! Make sure you wear a nice clothes and record you video in a light area where they can see your face, don't forget about the background. On the Thursday I received an invitation via email( again) to do a in person interview. I met the manager dept and assistant manager, they were very friendly and made me feel comfortable, first they showed me the store, then we had the interview, questions were simple ( about my experience, or " tell me when you had a hard time dealing with customer".... Make sure you have your schedule pretty available! Working weekends is a must! Smiles a lot! Eye contact all the time and show confidence in yourself ! That interview was great eve though I was a bit nervous and anxious I felt very comfortable with both managers. Then I had the third and last interview with another manager, and the experience was the same as the other! Warm and Friendly manager, simple questions! The next Monday I received a call from the dep. manager offering me the position! So basically 6 days! :)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you needed to work with your team and how you achieved positive results   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Very easy interview. You'll talk to department manager then store manager. They'll ask about yourself and fashion styles. They'll also have you try to sell a basic item to them.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite designer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and in two days got a call for an interview with hr. Interview with her then they ask what dept you want to work and then you have another interview with dept manager

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I had an interview over the phone first and then was asked to come in for a face to face interview. The face to face was pretty smooth and no hard question were asked. The managers were very cool and made me feel comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Short Hills, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied and got a phone interview within days, that went well then I was scheduled for an interview in person. I showed up to the interview and the department manager wasn't even there, so I got interviewed by the general manager she was nice. Then I showed up for my 2nd interview this time the department manager was there the interview went great. After that I received an E-mail to complete the hiring process after filling that out I waited and never received a call from them. I called multiple times to see what was going on and each time the department manager was either busy or not even there.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this item? keeping in mind the weather? (couture department)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online then I got a callback for an interview. The interview process was in group setting, and about 10 people were getting interviewed at once. Then I interviewed with a couple of managers and had to demonstrate my sales techniques. It wasn't too hard and everyone is really nice, I just made sure to stay enthusiastic the whole time.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you've had to handle and how have you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Filled out an application for open positions, was contacted within a week. Interview was set up for the T.B.D./Savvy department. Interview process was pretty short and sweet with the department manager. Majority of the questioning and commentary was based on appearance (do you look the part for the department etc), and sales experience. Basic questions focused on strengths/weaknesses/situational/customer service role playing.