Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.4

733 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Lynnwood, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very quick, first offered phone interview then if passed, follow up in person interview. Often times different managers will interview you from different departments to see where you would fit best. Then they will decide who might offer you a position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

HireVue interview first online then, Panel interview 2nd in person. The panel interview was more challenging and tested your basic sales knowledge. Definitely check out the other reviews on Glassdoor and practice your sales pitch.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Start with over the phone interview, minimal questions. Followed by an in person interview, basic question and an offer. Background check and paper work. adding more words words words... need to add more words to the question. Wasn't the best company to work for but I don't have enough work experience to add any other reviews.

Interview Questions

• past experiences, conflict management, strengths and weaknesses, difficult situations and your reactions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First I received a phone interview which they only asked for my availability. The guy on the phone said he'd call me back with information about an in store interview but did not get back to me. Since he never called me back I made sure to be persistent and that led to me being moved to the top of the list for an interview. Today I met the manager of Top shop; she asked a few questions that were pretty simple to answer. She made me feel comfortable and ended the interview with showing me the Top shop department.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Just asked some quick questions regarding my availability. Expected more! Thats all she really asked me and then after that she told me that the HR manager in store would be the one to interview me. Im waiting on that interview now and really looking forward to it. It was a very easy interview that I really over prepared for.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2016.

Interview

I got a call a couple days after I submitted my online application, to set up in person interview. It was fairly easy, just basic questions, and got the result 2 days later. Then there were 2 training classes before starting to work.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was about 30 mins long. I had 3 interviews one with HR, and 2 interviews for each of the department I was interested in. During the interview with the department managers we had a role play where I had to show how I'd approach a customer and to put together an outfit for them

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

First, I applied online and was contacted by phone within a few days. I had a quick phone interview, then a week later had an in person interview. It was very standard. The department manager of the store interviewed me by reading questions prompted by a script. It was very repetitive. It took another 2 or so weeks to do "orientation." Overall, it was a long process for a job most anyone can do.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Went into my local Nordstrom and gave my resume to the department assistant manager. Received a call around two weeks later to set up an interview. Two weeks after the interview, I was hired. Lots of questions about customer service- they want to see that you will be able to make connections with the customer and have your own customer base.

Interview Questions

• They ask how you work in a competitive environment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Richmond, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was totally the same as others mentioned with the same question and process, She walked me down the store and asked me to play as I am selling a bag to a customer .