Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

you have a set of questions that will describe your customer service skills, listening skills and productivity skills.
you will also have a sales role play, this is the decision maker. Make sure you ask A LOT of questions and base your opinion on new trends, fashion and how to wear the product.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself?
    -Why Nordstrom?
    -What motivates you to be a successful sales person?
    -tell me about a time you had to work in a group, what was your role in this and what whats the outcome?
    -tell me about a time you had a customer with high expectations, what whats the outcome?
    -Sales role play
    1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process is pretty laid back. They have a bunch of set questions to ask that are pretty basic and most likely questions you have heard and answered before. They are looking for you to sell yourself on being goal oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment. If you have any prior sales or service experience you should be able to answer the questions they ask

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Basic online questionnaire that asks you to rate from "Strongly agree" to "Strongly disagree" on personal and work related questions. Once completed, I received a call asking me to interview the following week. Men should wear a jacket, and women should come in their best as well. The first part of the interview was simple; same overused questions as any business will ask. The second was much more difficult, as it requires you to roleplay a scenario in which you have to make a sale. In my case, I was required to pick out and sell 4 outfits to a man who had lost all his luggage. After that, I got a phone call from the manager saying I was hired within 48 hours of completing the interview!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you failed to reach a goal?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you completed something you are proud of.   Answer Question
    • When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • A customer walks in and says he has lost all his luggage. He has absolutely nothing on him, and requires two formal outfits for work and two casual outfits for the weekend. Please take 15 minutes to compile these outfits and sell them to me.   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Wauwatosa, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

It took 4 days i got an email to do a video interview and after that they said gice it 24 hours and some one will contact you well someone contacted me after a hour or so after the video interview i got a email inviting me to do a in person interview that following monday so i went in it was a group interview then 2 one on one interviews with two different managers and they told everyone the will get back to us all on friday well yesterday which was thursday i got a call from another manager saying the store manager and another department manager really liked me and that she just wanted to call and ask me a few additional questions and told me she would be calling me back today its now 3:14 and im still waiting on a call back i assume its busy and they dont have time.

Interview Questions

• What was a goal you recently set and how did you acheive it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for Nordstroms on May 11, 2016. I recieved an email to step my phone interview that same day. My phone interview was on May 20th. They asked about three questions. The woman on the phone then scheduled me to come in for a interview on June 10th. On June 10th I met with the HR assistant manager and two managers from the department that I would be working in. They asked me and another candidate several questions then showed us the department. Next, we had to complete a selling drill which was so fun ( be yourself, be creative, think outside the box). So after that interview i recieved a email to come in for a third interview with the HR manager, she asked four questions then she talked about the pay. The next day I recieved a phone call from the manager in my department saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Got an email notifying me to schedule a phone interview and had an interview with the department management. Mainly customer service and teamwork questions and was required to reannact a sale on the floor. Manager was super duper nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Customer service, realiability, and team work questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bellevue, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Submit an online application with a personality test. The next day received an email for a phone interview schedule. It is schedule for the next coming week. The phone interview was really short, with couple questions about experiences and availability, lasted about 10 mins. The person on the other side of the phone was rather nice. Afterwards she set up an in store interview in two weeks. The in person interview was short too, and 10 mins in she asked me to meet with the department manager on the cosmetic team. Within a week after the interview, I got a call telling me I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

big group of people, everyone went individually, diff managers interviewed diff people, no one really talked to each other, very competitive, pretty intense stares, second interview manager gave me a scenario and asked me to dress a "person" for that scenerio

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

they asked about my availability and the pros and cons of commission-based sales. This was the phone interview (which was about five minutes) and then they scheduled me for an in-store interview. There, I met with the department manager and it was about 30 minutes. Basic questions, pretty easy. since everything to do with the application is online, they will email you if you got in. If not, you can call to ask about the status of your application - it went by very fast for me. good luck to you all.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they reached out to me through email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview felt very rushed and they asked mostly generic, basic questions. In the end, the interviewer said that she liked me and moved me forward to an in-person interview at the store.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to go above and beyond your standard job role.   Answer Question