Nordstrom Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Sales Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Lone Tree, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

I had two different interviews, one over the phone and one in person. The one over the phone isn't as personal, just goes over brief things, but in person they ask more in depth questions and really try to see if you are a right fit, overall, for the company and the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Lynnwood, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

phone interview with recruiting. Then in person interview at the store with the hiring manager. Very easy interview, as long as you are "fashion forward" and can speak, I would say you will get the job.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for interview. Came in for interview with personal stylist manager, after that went good they asked me to interview with the store manager. She was very impressed with me and my resume. They called me about an hour later with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

They want the general b s stuff, how motivated you are yada yada yada. The most important, but at the same time irrelevant question, it's what is your most satisfying accomplishment. It's like dude, getting a job and paying my bills dam it. Move on, I have sold, I can sell, let's go.

Interview Questions

• it's what is your most satisfying accomplishment?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I interviewed with HR. They were pleasant. I ended up being told that the appropriate manager would contact me. She was not as nice to speak with as HR.

Interview Questions

• (Survey question)How many of your friends/acquaintances are entrepreneurs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure that you say what you want. If you want to work in a specific department, say so.

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Redondo Beach, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Three interviews. One phone, one with HR, and one with the Department Manager. Your phone screen was with HR and then if you passed that they asked you to come in to have a face to face.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses and strengths?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Naples, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

basic questions about customer relationships, general knowledge of fashion, how to build relationships, interact with other employees in a highly competitive environment, what i know about Nordstrom as a company, why close nordstrom

Interview Questions

• how would you drive your business on a slow day   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

get a call from hiring manager, set up a day when interview will be held.
    On the 1:1, manager has a list of questions you should answer. Questions pretty much standart, nothing difficult. After you done answering manager can ask you if you have some questions for him/her and promising to call you with decigion.

Interview Questions

• manager asked me if in situation where customer and store manager will call you in same time, what will i do...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bellevue, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online for a position in Womens Sales and was contacted 2 days later and scheduled a phone interview. My phone interview took place the next day and I was offered a spot to come in for their open interviews at the beginning of the next week. The open interview contained approximately 40 people. We all went into the conference room and were introduced to the managers of each department that was hiring. I interviewed with two departments. My first interview lasted about 5 minutes, my second interview lasted about 20 minutes and ended with the women asking me to "sell" them several pieces of clothing. I have never done retail before, but I love fashion so I used my best discretion. The two managers said I did great, handed me their cards, sent me home from the interviews and said they would be in contact within the week because they wanted to "move forward". I received a call 3 days later and was officially offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a customer with high expectations   Answer Question
    • How would/wouldn't your work habits change if you did not have a weekly sales goal to meet?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Providence, RI) in March 2012.

Interview

First a few rounds on phone then offered a position without visiting the location. There was also a test that I took online with various personality questions. I applied for a sales intern position