Nordstrom Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Sales Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in January 2020.

Interview

It was relaxed and you got to know a lot about the company. They would first have a formal interview that would move into mock sale trial to see how much you knew about selling.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I did the application online, then I had an interview by phone. It was hard since I don't have so much experience doing a phone screen interview. I think I let the interview knows that I was nervous.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied online. If the company is interested in your resume, the process follow up with a brief phone interview with a member of HR, then in person interview where interviewed by department managers.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge that has occurred for you before for a customer and how did you handle it and take care of the customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Birmingham, AL) in May 2019.

Interview

Short and sweet. I was asked to describe myself, and how I would handle different situations. I was asked about previous experience. What I expected for time off. How many hours I want to work.

Sales Interview

Interview

The interview was quick and simple. There was a phone screen than in person interview which include store walk and presenting how I would sell certain clothing items. Dress was fashion forward

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Laid back, you and the manager of the department youre interviewing for. Asked a series of questions, walked you around the department and showed you the store. Introduced you to store manager and assistant manager of department you were interviewing for (if applicable)

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Houston, TX) in December 2018.

Interview

Very easy !! The HR manager is very efficient in communicating with the department manager to get you hired in a very timely manner. It’s also nice that they will place you in another department if they like you instead of just denying you the job.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a difficult customer   1 Answer
    • Your strongest trait   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2018.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. I interview with a new manager so she skipped over a lot of questions. She also took me on a tour of the department store and had me put together an outfit for her.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

regular questions then you go to the department and do a test run. know the product and a background of the company. be prepared to answer a broad type of questions. dress professional casual. be friendly and bubbly.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I felt like they truly looked at my ability to sell. I didn't feel like I was judged for any other reason besides my ability. I liked the questions they asked and I liked how I felt like I was treated equal to others in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• They had me do a sales trial where they asked me to "sell them an item" and I had to give them reasons as to why they should buy it.   1 Answer