Nordstrom Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2017

2.3

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online and a week later someone reached out for a phone interview. We set up an interview then to meet in person, was about two weeks later. Basic behavioral interview and then met with a department manager. Also they made me sell the pen to them to see my sales techniques. Toured the department and went over day to day activities. Heard back within two weeks from assistant manager that they offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions and some sales techniques   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chandler, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, I received a phone call within the week to confirm my interest, received email to schedule interview time slot, interviewed in store with two different departments, was offered both and took one.

Interview Questions

• Set up a fitting room for a customer taking a trip to ____?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Costa Mesa, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

A very thorough interview process including talking to human resources manager and the manager of the department that I was going to work in. There was also role playing in the department with the manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The overall process was Quick but Friendly. Although I left not having any idea of whether I would get the job or not. It seems like they interview a lot of people.

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Lone Tree, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

I had two different interviews, one over the phone and one in person. The one over the phone isn't as personal, just goes over brief things, but in person they ask more in depth questions and really try to see if you are a right fit, overall, for the company and the position.

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Lynnwood, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

phone interview with recruiting. Then in person interview at the store with the hiring manager. Very easy interview, as long as you are "fashion forward" and can speak, I would say you will get the job.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for interview. Came in for interview with personal stylist manager, after that went good they asked me to interview with the store manager. She was very impressed with me and my resume. They called me about an hour later with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

They want the general b s stuff, how motivated you are yada yada yada. The most important, but at the same time irrelevant question, it's what is your most satisfying accomplishment. It's like dude, getting a job and paying my bills dam it. Move on, I have sold, I can sell, let's go.

Interview Questions

• it's what is your most satisfying accomplishment?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I interviewed with HR. They were pleasant. I ended up being told that the appropriate manager would contact me. She was not as nice to speak with as HR.

Interview Questions

• (Survey question)How many of your friends/acquaintances are entrepreneurs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure that you say what you want. If you want to work in a specific department, say so.

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Redondo Beach, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Three interviews. One phone, one with HR, and one with the Department Manager. Your phone screen was with HR and then if you passed that they asked you to come in to have a face to face.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses and strengths?   1 Answer