Nordstrom Sales Person Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Sales Person Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Tampa, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied on-line and a few days later I was called by the human resources department and had a quick phone interview, then was asked to come in for an in person interview with human resources. The one on one interview with H.R. went really well, she was so easy to talk to and it felt more like a nice conversation rather than an interview. After that she set up an interview with the dept. manager. That went really well too.
I was called the next day and offered the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Getting a face-to-face interview proved difficult and I had to use my contacts already within Nordstom to help. Eventually, I showed up at the store and asked to see an HR representative, stating that a friend in HR at another store directed me to do so. I had a job in no time.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied for a job as a sales person and an HR person screened me with basic questions about who I was and why I wanted the job. They had an opening in the petites department, so I was led to the department to meet the manager. She had me pretend to sell her items from the floor as if she was a customer to get a feeling for my composure.

Interview Questions

• During the "floor test" the manager asked me to show her where the bathroom was. I pointed towards the bathroom and she showed me that instead of pointing with one finger, we always use our entire hand as it is more elegant. She was very friendly in this correction - it was more like training than "testing."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Natick, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online to several open positions and was contacted fairly quickly for a sales position in the shoe department. I had a phone interview and then was scheduled for a face to face interview. I met with the HR manager who was very nice and we had a very relaxed conversation. I did research what some of the questions might be and I was glad I did because I was definately prepared. She then asked what other departments I might be interested in and I said clothing. She brought in the Mgr of a women's clothing dept and again had a very relaxed, back and forth type interview. She then asked me to go on the floor and do a role play of selling an outfit. I think the whole thing went really well. I have called twice and they will be making a decision in the next couple of days. I hope I get the job or they at least refer me to another dept!

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bethesda, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online for the position in BP. It was a seasonal position. A couple days later, I got a phone call from human resourses and she basically did a phone screening and she asked questions like why am I interested, what is my favorite department, if I am currently employed and what is my availability. After that, she asked if I could come in the next day for an interview. You need to dress professionally. I had two interviews, one with HR and one with the department manager of BP. She asked questions like if I had ever worked in a competitive environment, what do I know about nordstrom, name a time when I dealt with an unhappy customer, and how I felt about commission. I later waited about 10 minutes for the department manager and she asked the same questions. She later took me out to the floor and showed me around and then we roled played where she was a customer and I was a sales person. I had to basically pick an outfit and try to sell it to her and point out the pros and cons of the outfit. Overall it was a great experience. Nice people

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were competitive and name a time where you dealt with an unhappy customer and how did you turn it around   Answer Question

Negotiation

During the interview, they tell you how much the pay is. Each department is different. I am paid hourly and there are bonuses each month if your department does well

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Everything that said on this website.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

commission with $9.80 base pay.

Sales Person Interview

Interview

HR interview, then interview with department manager then store manager. 3 small interviews before hired. You will move on interview to interview if they feel you are a good fit. Looking presentable is nearly as important as being qualified. They desire self motivated and competitive employees.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR) in May 2013.

Interview

10 minute phone interview. I was asked why I wanted the job. Why fashion? Could I sell the credit card? Then I was recommended for an interview the next week. It was called a group interview. But it was simply a hiring event really. about 15 people came, we were indoctrinated then pulled apart for individual interviews. Went, I was asked to decide which department manager I wanted to work with/for. Then I interviewed with her. She brought in an article of clothing and asked me to sell it to her.

Interview Questions

• It is a pretty easy job to get, just act excited about fashion and being able to sell. That is all they want to know about you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You get paid just above minimum plus a percentage of commission (in most departments 6.75) which you can plan on never making. You start off temporary, so during that time try to remain excited about customers, sales and fashion. And a lot of times the customer is the most positive thing about the job.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

I was convinced into applying by a friend who had recently began with the company. Within a day or two, the human resources assistant manager called and we had a phone interview. She asked me to come in the following day for an in-person interview. Due to my schedule, I couldn't and we settled on a time next week.

Once I arrived, I had my initial interview with the assistant of HR. Once that was completed, she told me she would then find a manager who would like to interview with me. I applied for a position in Mens but that manager decided she didn't want to interview me. Finally, a manager for a Womens department arrived. We interviewed then he showed me around the store.

He told me he'd be in touch within a couple of days. I interviewed early in the week and was told I had the job by the end. I began the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• They tend to ask for very specific examples of selling experience.   Answer Question

Sales Person Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online did an assessment , heard back within a week, did a phone interview asked general questions. Then I went in for an in person interview, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here
      time you had a difficult customer
      time you turned things around
      strengths/weakness   Answer Question