Nordstrom Sales Person Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Sales Person Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Novi, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I sat with the department manager and went over my past work experience, did some merchandising and role play. She got back to me via email. Training was watching a few videos and job shadowing other employees.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a challenging moment at your previous job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was scheduled for an initial phone screening with HR. Was asked to come in for an in person interview with HR rep. Department manager called me later that day to schedule an interview with her for the very next day. I was offered the position on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Tigard, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

Short interview followed by a call back and job offer. The interview was pretty short, and I had difficulty knowing whether the interviewer was impressed with me or not. I was unsure if I got the job. But then I got a call back, and I was hired for a short period. Then every summer after they wanted me to work there. The overall experience was not too stressful, and pretty positive because I got the job. Not sure how I would feel had I not been hired. This was not a particularly stressful interview, and I wore basic clothing. Might have been a bit trendier in retrospect.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disappointed customer.?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Durham, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Had one interview. Asked why I chose to work at Nordstrom. Role played as if I already had the job. Manager played the customer and I had to help her find an outfit to wear for a certain event.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were put in a difficult situation on the job.   Answer Question

Sales Person Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

It's been years since, so honestly I can't remember it all too well. I had a phone interview with HR, then they scheduled me a time to sit down in person. A woman from HR met me at the Nordstrom E-bar then proceeded to ask me a series of questions. It was a pretty standard interview, just remember to smile lots and really think about your responses. Don't ramble! Keep your answers short and concise. Afterwards, she asked me if I had time to meet with the dept. manager of the dept I was applying with. Of course I said yes, then I had my last face-to-face interview with the dept. manager. A few hours later I got a call from the dept. manager offering me a job on her sales team.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied for a job as a sales person and an HR person screened me with basic questions about who I was and why I wanted the job. They had an opening in the petites department, so I was led to the department to meet the manager. She had me pretend to sell her items from the floor as if she was a customer to get a feeling for my composure.

Interview Questions

• During the "floor test" the manager asked me to show her where the bathroom was. I pointed towards the bathroom and she showed me that instead of pointing with one finger, we always use our entire hand as it is more elegant. She was very friendly in this correction - it was more like training than "testing."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

In a group. Asked which department I was more interested in interviewing with. Then it went into the 1:1 portion. After we walked the floor, different departments, talked with Human Resources and then finally I had to "sell" a shift to my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this shirt to me if I was looking for a friend?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

They will call you on the phone first. Then if that went will they will ask you to come in for a in person interview. Then you go out onto the floor and do a pretend sale to the managers interviewing, you will then have to have reasons as to why you picked those items.

Interview Questions

• when was a time you had a tough situation and you took leadership.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (The Woodlands, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the Shoe Department sales person position, I got a call telling me the process, I got a date for the interview (I remember it was around holidays), the manager from the shoe department was in charge of the interview, after that someone else took over and she was the handbags and accessories department manager, I got the job immediately,

Sales Person Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2011.

Interview

I received a preliminary phone call interview from the assistant department manager. The interview went well and a face to face interview was scheduled with the department manager. I met with the department manager and had a one on one interview. It was followed by a small overview and tour of the job tasks and site respectively.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult customer experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question