Nordstrom Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick. People are really friendly and make you feel comfortable. It was nice because everyone was dressed professionally but very fashionable. Best way to get an interview is to know someone who already works for Nordstrom to give you a referral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with a customer that ended up positively.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

This was a long time ago but it was a general interview with the department's floor manager. Started out first as a seasonal employee and then stayed full time once they determined I was capable of handling tenured employee tasks.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions as I was referred by a fellow co-worker and had to go through the formal interview process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed; it was a 1 on 1. It took about a month total once I applied to the time I was offered a position. I was asked questions about my past experience and what I would do in hypothetical situations. Lasted around 30 minutes.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied so many times online to many different positions. I finally got an email asking to come in for a group interview. There were about 20 women there applying for sales positions and we got called in one by one. I met with the manager of a certain department and she asked me behavioral type questions. She then told me to go back to the waiting area and someone from HR would be with me soon to talk about the rest of the process. Instead, she came back out and interviewed me again herself. The next interview was more about her informing me about her specific department. That went well, so she brought me out on the floor and asked me to sell her 3 items.

Interview Questions

• She asked me to sell her 3 pieces of clothing. I've never sold clothing before so it was definitely a learning experience. Just be yourself and it will be fine.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online and had a sit down with the department manager. He asked a couple behavioral questions and looked over my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL).

Interview

You get a call form HR to come in for an interview they have your app ready the supervisor from that department comes and gets you takes you to the side or a room and interviews you...if he or she likes you then you get the job and he or she will tell you themselves....if you don't get it they will tell you we will be in contact with you but you should know or have an idea before leaving bc it's that managers choice.. then you start to get all these notifications through your email about the next steps from HR about your paper work no needed to go back in to do that...then you are given a date to go in for orientation which I must admits is pretty informative...I was in Miami so it depends on how big your area is as to were the orientation will be. if it's only one store then that's where you will be...

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult standard how would you handle an irate customer situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

1. Online Application
    2. Phone Interview
    3. HR interview
    4. Department Manager interview
    5. Possible store manager interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

First interview is over the phone. They ask you a couple of questions on your past work experience and why do you choose to work at Nordstrom. They might ask you about your strengths and weaknesses and how to deal with difficult customers! The most important thing to mention is that you will provide phenomenal customer service because thats Nordstroms NUMBER ONE PRIORITY. Then they will ask you for an in-person interview if the phone interview went well!

Interview Questions

• They will for sure ask you how you feel about getting paid commission and how will that motivate you to sell more.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online, they emailed me back to schedule a phone interview. They called me in to have a in-person interview with HR so I am scheduled to interview today

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (McLean, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

phone interview, 1 on 1, then accepted! It was really easy and it was a great experience overall!

Negotiation