Nordstrom Salesperson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.5

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The hiring process is fairly easy. Almost all the questions are behavioral. When you arrive there you will interview with two department managers (They are sometimes the assistant manager). The first department manager is from a random department, whereas the scone department manager is the department you want to work in.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you displayed characteristics of a team player.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

They were very selective about who they hired. They judge entirely on looks and not necessarily skill set. Simple interview, but not exactly competent people. Interview was short but standard because they are not very creative with their questions!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First I applied online. Then did a phone interview with someone from HR, then came in for an in person interview with a different HR manager and last with department manager.

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Mission Viejo, CA).

Interview

Phone Interview First
    On-site interview includes hypotheitcal sitations, questions, etc.
    Sales role-playing on the sales floor after questioning; Interviewer will pretend to be a customer needing a product (ex: for a specific occasion), and one must sell the products on the floor, including discussing the pros of the product/s, and to navigate the sales floor

Interview Questions

• What is the benefit of being able to work commission sales? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Des Peres, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Des Peres, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a big group interview. There was about six of us. We all met in one spot and a lady would come out and call our names to go into a room. I was interview by 3 different people separately in a small, very hot room which made me super sweaty from already being nervous.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How have you handled a difficult customer/ How will you handle one at Nordstrom
      Had me ask them questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL).

Interview

Applied and got a phone call within 2 weeks to schedule an in person interview. I only had to do one cause I was referred from a current employee. The interviewer was really upbeat and engaging which made it easier for me.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It's pretty much like any other retail interview. They asked very simple situational questions like "Was there ever a time when a customer was upset with you? If yes, how did you handle this?"

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when a customer was upset with you? If yes, how did you handle this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. PLEASE RESEARCH NORDSTROM COMMISSION PRACTICES BEFORE ACCEPTING A POSITION.

Salesperson Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call. Asked to set up an interview. Met for the interview. Asked me basic questions. Scenario type questions. Walked the floor and showed the different departments. Said that they will call back with a decision. Prompt response on their decision.

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received offer for phone interview the next day. After the phone interview went well, I scheduled an in person interview for about a week out. The in person interview was set up panel style, with three department managers questioning interviewees privately one at a time. Was called the next day and offered the job!

Interview Questions

• What is one benefit and one fear about working on commission?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with two department managers. Asked a few questions about prior experience in customer service/retail. Was given an overview of the history of Nordstrom. Was asked to play out customer/salesperson scenario and how I would provide product knowledge to the customer.