Nordstrom Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a brief discussion with a corporate recruiter. She then told me that I would be scheduled for an in-store interview. The in-store interview lasted 60 minutes which was full of the typical questions that are asked of a potential manager:

Overall, it was an easy flow of conversation.

Interview Questions

• 1. How have you made business happen in your last position?
      2. How do you deal with clients with high expectations?
      3. How do you feel about calling clients, etc.?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

the first interview is over the phone with someone at corporate. After that interview, if they liked you, the second interview is in person with the department manager. This interview will consist of questions, a brief tour of the department and sometimes a brief role play "how would you sell this thing?"

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy. After a short phone interview I was asked to come in a few days later for an in-person interview. The in person interview took about an hour and consisted of a few personality questions that were asked to me by the department's assistant manager. After the interview questions, she took me to the sales floor for some role-play and more personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with an upset customer. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Follow-up to Personal Stylist Interview On June III, 2014 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

It took them 8 days after the interview to get back to me. The manager said they had decided not to hire for this position as is was so late in the season already. She did say that they were impressed with my interview and asked if she could pass my resume along to HR. She said I should be hearing from them in the next day or two.

Interview Questions

• This was a follow up post concerning an interview I had earlier in June. There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

On line applications. If you have previous experience in sales You need to go in after you apply. Talk with the manager or managers. Get noticed. A lot of people apply.

Interview Questions

• Most questions deal with how you can show excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2011.

Interview

Mostly all done online. They have a long questionare to find out your pwrsonality. The questions get tricky but do some research on Nordstrom, such as they are very pro competition.
    Don't contact them they will contact you. Have a brief interview over the phone then if you pass you come in for a real interview.
    Be cocky.

Interview Questions

• Cliche questions: where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Selling Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2011.

Interview

This was an internal interview since the company rarely hires managers from outside the company. It was basically a discussion with the store manager over performance as a salesperson or assistant department manager. They value mobility, performance, and conformity.

Interview Questions

• How could you have improved your performance in your last role?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2010.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone than had three interviews with different managers one being the store manager. All of the questions were fairly easy. They mainly wanted to know about my experience, my ideas on customer service, and why I might enjoy working with them. The person-to-person interviews all basically asked me the same questions because they read off of a script. The only person who could ask me whatever he/she wanted was the department manager and store manager, but strangely enough the final decision was left to the department manager. If they show you around, and tell you that they will call you back it is most likely that you got the job. The manager tried to give me a description of the work environment. They told me that they train everyone to succeed, and that you can go anywhere you want with the company, but I began to think differently when I actually worked there. The interview process was actually very professional, and I felt like I was interviewing for a high end job even though I was not.

Interview Questions

• If I asked you and a coworker to do a task, and your coworker decided to not do his or her best what would you say to that person?...after you gave encouragement what if your coworker said "You're not my manager."   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just accepted the job I was desperate.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2008.

Interview

Dress sharp and fashionable preferably in black especially for any makeup counter positions since that is what they wear usually. Be on time and prepared. Bring a professional folder and write down notes and get their business card to follow up. Ask questions about the hiring manager's experience working for Nordstrom, their likes and dislikes. Be sure to add that you are a regular shopper of Nordstrom's and find that their customer service is the best around. Also add that if you have had any customer service training that would benefit Nordstrom's if offered the position and how important you think this is to a business. They may ask you to define customer service.

Interview Questions

• Define customer service?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest strengths?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, they start everyone at the same pay.