Nordstrom Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First, I applied online. A few days later, I got an email to set up a phone interview. They ask that you set aside two hours, because they could call you any time in that two hours.

The first questioned I was asked was why I wanted to work at Nordstrom. Then I was asked about my availability. They do have specific times they are looking for, so I ended up not being a good fit for them based on my current availability.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on line and received an email to schedule a phone call interview. They do have a 3hr window from the time that you schedule. Questions sounded very general and standard for every candidate. At the end of the interview they let me know that they would not be proceeding with me and it was over.
    The lady on the phone was nice but it does seem like this is what they do all day and their answers are very standard.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First I received a phone interview which they only asked for my availability. The guy on the phone said he'd call me back with information about an in store interview but did not get back to me. Since he never called me back I made sure to be persistent and that led to me being moved to the top of the list for an interview. Today I met the manager of Top shop; she asked a few questions that were pretty simple to answer. She made me feel comfortable and ended the interview with showing me the Top shop department.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

Interview

After submitted the application, I was asked to do a phone interview and it was very brief and simple. Then I passed it and scheduled for the personal interview. It took about 20 minutes, almost questions as the phone interview. I've got any phone calls after the interview.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (La Jolla, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I did an online application. Within 2 days i got an email from HR for telephone interview. Telephone Interview is very short. I took only 5 min. for me. They just wanted to check how flexible i am about timing. After phone interview on the same day i got an email from HR for the personal Interview. Personal Interview was not very hard. They just asked some situational questions.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (La Jolla, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Called me about 1 week prior to schedule an interview. The phone call was about 5-10 minutes long, nothing formal about it. I was asked to meet at the customer service desk about 10-15 minutes before interview time in order to check in. The interviewer gave me a tour of the store and then took me to the rail and asked me to sell him an outfit based upon a specific scenario. "I'm going to a barbecue in La Jolla and I'm not positive what kinda of clothes I want." The objective was to overcome 3 objections, propose at least 3 types of pants/shirts, and to not use forceful sale tactics. Although it was nerve racking the employees were very kind and overall easy going. Don't try to tell them what they want to here, be yourself.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a commission based environment?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any prior retail sales experience?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions you'd like to ask us about Nordstrom?   Answer Question

Nordstrom Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Waited 10 minutes for the interview, very easy basic questions. The interviewer was very nice and chatty with me which was nice. She offered me three different positions and I said I would not mind any of them. She said she would call me on Thursday with an answer. Thursday came and went with no call. Obviously did not get the job but I really hate when companies do that. Please just call or send an email if you are not interested! Do not keep people waiting!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Why did you apply?
      Give an example of a time you worked in a team with positive results.
      Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Very brief and the personal nature, lots of questioning from the person doing the interview on subject of the last mod as far as why you are no longer with the company, what was the relationship with the other workers, why do you need this job and what can I do to help the company, what skills that I bring with me in this work environment

Interview Questions

• Why are you not working at the last job, what was your salary, how many people did I work with, did I get along well with others,   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

In-store. A quick conversation with a department manager. Then a quick chat with an HR rep. After the interview, they gave me a brief tour of the store. I was also screened on phone before coming into the store.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

1st you have a 20 minute phone interview, then if all goes well you are requested to have a group in person interview. The group interview I had was only with myself and another candidate. It was a good dynamic with a friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how you handled a previous bad customer experience, and to describe a group project I worked on and how was the experience.   Answer Question