Nordstrom Interview Questions in San Mateo, CA | Glassdoor

2.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Mateo, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. I applied online and within a few days got an email about doing a video submission. After a few days, I got an email to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with the human resources manager and a department manager. I was nervous but they were very friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you encountered issues working with other people, what was the solution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Mateo, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview where multiple people from different interest came to one area then were picked 1 by 1 my there future managers. Then you were separated in which ever department you desired to work in. where the manager of the department interviewed you in private and showed you the floor.
    The overall experience felt no threatening and everyone seemed to enjoy the enviorment and the behind the stage of Nordstrom

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be apart of this department? try to sell me this item.   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Mateo, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Its a pretty much meet and greet with the store manager. They already have an idea if they are going to hire you or not based on what the RM said about you. They don't go for the best candidate, best candidate is the one that they will get along with most.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Mateo, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Simple and easy interview process. Sat in a small room with HR and answer general questions about my resume and why I want to work at Nordstrom's. Then you have a walk of the store and interview with your department manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult/conflicting sales decision.   Answer Question

Web Fulfillment Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Mateo, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I arrived to my interview 15 minutes prior to the assigned time and they took me in early. Interview was pretty straight forward. Took me in a room and asked me about myself and how my experiences can relate to this position. Really general interview questions. After the interview, I was shown around the store to get a feeling of how an everyday routine would occur. Next day, I received an email saying I got in. It was as simple as that.

Interview Questions

• What am I studying at my current university.   1 Answer

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Mateo, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online to multiple departments, got an email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very short, asked basic questions about why I wanted to work for them. Went in for actual interview - spoke with HR, then spoke with the manager of the Activewear department. She showed me around the department and asked me to put together 3 different outfits for 3 hypothetical customers. The next day she called me to offer me the position

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom, how do you work in teams, what's one instance where you had to overcome an obstacle and what did you do   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Mateo, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

First applied online, then had an interview with the HR manager in the store. After that was successful we went and met the department manager who asked me basically all the same questions. It was a formal process. I was called the next day and offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Mateo, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Applied online, received and email to attend interview. Several people were there 5 or 6 interviewers, talked with one. 2 days later received a call from a manager to attend training.

Interview Questions

• how would you sell a scarf?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.