Nordstrom Interview Questions in Santa Ana, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

You do an online application and there is a questionnaire in it then you get an email promptly after.
    The email tells you to schedule a phone interview phone interview was about 15 minutes telling you a little bit about the job and seeing if you are still interested and then they ask you questions that you have little time to think about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a time you made an decision with very little information or direction   Answer Question

Guest Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Ana, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Phone interview. Was extremely brief and asked when my availability was. This was where I was asked to schedule an in-store interview.

2. In-store interview was not daunting at all. I was able to have a 1-1 with the customer service manager. He asked about my experience in retail and customer service, if I was interested in sales as opposed to customer service. Then because he liked me, he pushed for me to meet the store manager.

3. It too about 5 days before they called me back. I'm assuming they used this time to do a background check and a reference check and all that.

Financial Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Received email to schedule phone interview.
    Interviewed with 3 managers in Santa Ana. When I got to office, there were 6 other candidates. HR rep came in and took us to a large room. We sat in a roll facing HR rep and 3 managers. They each intro each other then we did too. They asked us to tell them about ourself and what cust service means to us. We then took turns interviewing with each of the managers. 7 min each. After 2 days I interviewed with an asst manager who was also very nice.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Ana, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied got a email 2-3 days later to set phone interview, was scheduled for a person to person interview 1 week after. Arrived to the site and 3 other girls were there and HR person come and took us to a room and 3 other mangers/ trainers were there, we all had 8 mins with each manger. All of them were really nice!

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever disagreed with a coworker/manager about something and how did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to meet a goal and how what did you do to meet your goal?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

The interview process started with a call from HR asking the standard questions about why I wanted to join the company and what I knew about the company. After the phone interview, I was scheduled to meet with one of the hiring managers for an in person interview. The interview was about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision with little to no direction.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you did something above and beyond for a customer without being told to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Interview

Applied online
    Received a call a week later and scheduled a phone interview.
    Was contacted a week after the phone interview to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me of a time when you went above & beyond to meet a customer's needs"   Answer Question