Find jobs for Seasonal Cashier

Nordstrom Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 4.7K interviews

Applied online100%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Cerritos, CA)

Interview

There was first a phone interview, then an interview arranged that took place in the store. In the phone interview solely one question was asked, what is your availability ? Then they give you an option of 2 days for an interview at the store

Interview Questions
  • What is your availability ?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Glendale, CA)

Interview

I applied online, I didn't have much work experience and it was one of my first jobs. A few days later I got a call to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic and then I was later called back for an in person interview. I was nervous because this was one of my first interviews, but the HR person who interviewed me made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you were in a stressful situation at work and how you handled it.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Raleigh, NC) in Oct 2017

Interview

Applied online, received an email a few days later requesting a phone interview. First off the time slots are not dead on, they are set for hours like 9-11, or 3-5 etc. Anyway, i choose the time slot for 3pm-5pm. I received a call at 3:45pm. The interviewer first words was I only have one question. What is your availability? I responded by saying that I am available evenings after 5pm and weekends the earliest in the AM. The interviewer then responded by saying don't give me your request I need to know what hours you are available. So, based on my availability. I was not a good fit. When my schedule changes I could try again. First off the job description clearly said, flexible hours. Really thought the interviewer was rude, and used no tact. I will never again apply to Nordstrom Rack. So glad it didn't work out. Got a job working at Whole Foods, with a flexible schedule and a decent starting pay.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nordstrom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview

QUick phone interview followed by in person very friendly and descriptive in what they expect from interviewees no confusion in the process. Got to meet manager and who i would be working with right after interview and were very open about pay and hours expected so no surprises.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nordstrom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview

It was a very reasonable process. You introduce yourself and say why you want to work for the company and then you have a 1 on 1 interview. The whole process does take about 2 hours or less only because it is possible that you have to wait for your turn to be interviewed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Boston, MA)

Interview

You apply, they call if interested, try to match scheduling with your availability and if it works, your asked to go in for an interview with two managers. I applied for logistics, but they ended up matching me up with another position that matched my availability better (cashiering) and it worked out better than I had expected. I found it strange that they swapped me out with another position, but it was definitely for the better because Logistics does require overnight .

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time you had to deal with a tough situation

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (La Jolla, CA) in Oct 2016

Interview

Called me about 1 week prior to schedule an interview. The phone call was about 5-10 minutes long, nothing formal about it. I was asked to meet at the customer service desk about 10-15 minutes before interview time in order to check in. The interviewer gave me a tour of the store and then took me to the rail and asked me to sell him an outfit based upon a specific scenario. "I'm going to a barbecue in La Jolla and I'm not positive what kinda of clothes I want." The objective was to overcome 3 objections, propose at least 3 types of pants/shirts, and to not use forceful sale tactics. Although it was nerve racking the employees were very kind and overall easy going. Don't try to tell them what they want to here, be yourself.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about working in a commission based environment?
  • Do you have any prior retail sales experience?
  • Do you have any questions you'd like to ask us about Nordstrom?

Nordstrom

Application

I interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview

I first applied online and filled out a personality quiz, then got an email to schedule a phone interview. The questions were what is your availability and why you want to work for Nordstrom. Then I was scheduled for an in person interview and the asked me around 5 questions. Then they let me know they would be in touch by the end of the week. I got a call the next day and scheduled another interview. Much quicker than the first one and was offered a position the following week

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Ottawa, ON) in Jun 2016

Interview

Quick process. I filled out my application on their career website for a seasonal cashier, then got an e-mail that same day requesting a phone interview. Got the call for the phone interview a few days later, and all they asked was what my availability was like, and when I would be able to come in for an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, there were about 10 other people there, but we were broken up individually for one-on-one interviews. I went through 2 interviews with 2 different managers, and it took approximately 1 hour. Both managers were very nice and knowledgeable about the company. Make sure you speak confidently, emphasize your experience / the importance of great customer service, and ask them questions too!

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through your resume and tell me how your experience will help you succeed in this position. What inspires you to work at Nordstrom? Why do you think that having the freedom to make decisions is important? How do you go about approaching a sale? Describe your personal style. What would you do if a customer was having difficulty choosing a pair of jeans? What would you do if a customer came in to make a return? What excites and frightens you about commissioned sales? How do you motivate yourself? What departments are you interested in working in? What would you do if your number of sales was below the required quota for the month? What would you do if a customer requested an item that was out of stock?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Monica, CA) in Nov 2015

Interview

The phone interview came first. I was on the phone for no more than 5 minutes. At the end of our phone conversation I was scheduled me for an in-store interview for the very next day.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time that you weren't reaching your goals and how did you overcome it? Give examples of a time where you had to work as apart of a team and what was your role?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Interviews