Nordstrom Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.4

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

It was a very reasonable process. You introduce yourself and say why you want to work for the company and then you have a 1 on 1 interview. The whole process does take about 2 hours or less only because it is possible that you have to wait for your turn to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Boston, MA).

Interview

You apply, they call if interested, try to match scheduling with your availability and if it works, your asked to go in for an interview with two managers.

I applied for logistics, but they ended up matching me up with another position that matched my availability better (cashiering) and it worked out better than I had expected. I found it strange that they swapped me out with another position, but it was definitely for the better because Logistics does require overnight .

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to deal with a tough situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (La Jolla, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I did an online application. Within 2 days i got an email from HR for telephone interview. Telephone Interview is very short. I took only 5 min. for me. They just wanted to check how flexible i am about timing. After phone interview on the same day i got an email from HR for the personal Interview. Personal Interview was not very hard. They just asked some situational questions.

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (La Jolla, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Called me about 1 week prior to schedule an interview. The phone call was about 5-10 minutes long, nothing formal about it. I was asked to meet at the customer service desk about 10-15 minutes before interview time in order to check in. The interviewer gave me a tour of the store and then took me to the rail and asked me to sell him an outfit based upon a specific scenario. "I'm going to a barbecue in La Jolla and I'm not positive what kinda of clothes I want." The objective was to overcome 3 objections, propose at least 3 types of pants/shirts, and to not use forceful sale tactics. Although it was nerve racking the employees were very kind and overall easy going. Don't try to tell them what they want to here, be yourself.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a commission based environment?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any prior retail sales experience?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions you'd like to ask us about Nordstrom?   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Interview

I first applied online and filled out a personality quiz, then got an email to schedule a phone interview. The questions were what is your availability and why you want to work for Nordstrom. Then I was scheduled for an in person interview and the asked me around 5 questions. Then they let me know they would be in touch by the end of the week. I got a call the next day and scheduled another interview. Much quicker than the first one and was offered a position the following week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered a wage over the phone when being told I got the job

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The phone interview came first. I was on the phone for no more than 5 minutes. At the end of our phone conversation I was scheduled me for an in-store interview for the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you weren't reaching your goals and how did you overcome it?
      Give examples of a time where you had to work as apart of a team and what was your role?   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied for a seasonal position online, and then called the HR department to check on my application (recommend doing this), talked to a woman who asked me to select a few deparments I might like to work in, as well as the kind of position (cashier/sales/stock) and she passed on my info to those departments. An assistant manager from men's shoes called me to schedule an interview for a few days later, and I went in. Interview lasted 10-15 minutes. Usual questions

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you worked as a team to solve a problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Mission Viejo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

easy process. I applied online and then had a phone interview that lasted about five minutes. At the end of the phone interview she asked me to come in for an in person interview. Interviewer asked about the same questions as on the phone and it only took about ten minutes. I was called two days later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer or a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Lynnwood, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and then within the next day got an e-mail for a phone interview. Set up that, the phone called lasted 5 minutes, only asking a few questions. Met two weeks later for a one-on-one interview. Asked the same questions and then some more. I turned down the offer because I was looking for something with more stable hours but it seems like a pretty good job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you when above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Nothing too crazy; I applied online and received a call to schedule a phone interview. After conducting the phone interview I received an email saying that I passed and they wanted to conduct an in-person interview. Very simple process, I went to the HR department and someone from the staff interviewed me in a tiny room. Can't remember the questions because it was so long ago but I basically got the job on the spot and they had me sign the papers and whatnot right then.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just be prepared to answer questions about yourself and your experiences (challenges you've faced, instances of teamwork, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate much as I was a seasonal employee