Nordstrom Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.5

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online initially, then was contacted for a phone interview. The only thing they asked in the phone interview was what my availability was like. After that I was asked to meet with the department manager in person. First I met with the department manager and then I was asked to meet with the store manager the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you exceeded your manager's expectations. How did you do this?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about the most competitive situation you've had in the workplace.   Answer Question
  • What are some leadership qualities you have?   Answer Question
  • If your coworkers were asked to describe you, what would they say?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

1. Submit online application (you will be asked to take a survey/test for behavioral questions )

2. If survey/ test results matches their needs, they will send you an email to set up a phone screening (interview) within a week or so

3. Phone interview- very easy, only asked one question (described a time where you excellent customer service), ask for your availability and department that you are interested in. If this goes well, they'll set up a in person interview with you.

4. In person interview- an email will be sent prior to the interview about the location (depending on the store). Waited in a room of 8 people. We each signed in with our names, phone number and department we were interested in. Then each person was called to interview by the department manager that you chose. The actual interview was in a room with other people interviewing at the same time. It was only around 10 mins. After that I was told to wait for another department manager to interview me. After waiting for another 30 mins, the same department manager (that I interviewed with) called me in and offer me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I received an invitation to interview over the phone within 2 days of applying. The only question I was asked was regarding my availability, and I was scheduled for a group interview in store the same week. The interview began 25 minutes late, and the actual interview lasted approx. 15 minutes, ending with being asked to select an outfit from the store. I received a call back an hour after the interview, and the manager said they would not have the scheduling hours to meet my availability...which should have been communicated by the HR team since that was the very first question I answered. I actually felt very positive about the interview process, albeit confused why I would be brought in to interview for a position that could not support my part time availability.

Interview Questions

• Why Nordstom?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your manager's expectations.   Answer Question
    • How would you get familiar with what we sell in the department.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work in a team and what your role was.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to meet a client's expectations and how you did that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

After submitted the application, I was asked to do a phone interview and it was very brief and simple. Then I passed it and scheduled for the personal interview. It took about 20 minutes, almost questions as the phone interview. I've got any phone calls after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Set of preplanned interview questions on availability, experience and situational based scenarios. They ask you questions on how you relate to customers and how you'd handle conflict. They also walk you through the department and give you a run down on their business.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about selling this article of clothing. Tell me three ways you could style this shirt etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Arlington, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

the HR would call u first for your availability, Interview at the store with department manager directly, basically asked about 8 questions, related to perviously working experience. then the manger will take you to the working area, give u an situation where a customer need a particular item with the price range, see how u react and interact with the customer .

Anonymous Employee in Rialto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Rialto, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

You set an appointment for the to call if accepted. they call u at that time or in a two hour period. The interview is no more than 5 mins my suggestions study as many questions they can possibly ask u and you'll do great.

Interview Questions

• What are three skills you need for commissions-based work   Answer Question

Negotiation

Study questions they might ask you

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The Manager was very pleasant. She told me about the position explaining pay and hours I could expect during the holiday season. She asked me a series of questions and I was able to ask her questions in return throughout the interview. The manager then took me to the department I was applying to and introduced me to the merchandise etc. I finished with a role play scenario in which she asked me to be the sales associate. I had about a 20 minute wait until the interview began.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would handle a client with Very High expectations.   1 Answer
    • Asked how I have handled a very competitive work environment with Collegues.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview first, followed by an in-person review with department manager. The only bad thing about the interview is that the manager failed to specify what department I was interviewing for at the beginning of the interview. When she finally said what department, I sort of lost interest in the position. I was hoping for two specific departments.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied online. About a week or two after I applied, I received a call from an HR person asking me a few questions about sales/my experience. The phone interview was super casual. They are mainly looking for people who know what a sales person's job entails and has some sort of applicable skill. Then, they scheduled a time for me to come in store and interview with a department manager. I met the manager and he first asked me several questions about experiences I had working in a team/sales environment. I had no sales experience prior, but I related it to sports I had played and other activities. He then took me to the department I was interviewing for and asked me to pick out an outfit for a scenario he gave me and sell it to him. At the end of that interview, he took me to an HR person who then told me that they would be scheduling second round interviews for the following week. The first round took about 45 minutes. The second round interview was extremely casual. I met the overall store manager and he asked me why I wanted to work at Nordstrom and what I was looking to get paid. After that, they gave me an offer. The second round took about 20 minutes. Overall, all of the people I met were extremely friendly and helpful. They all understood I had no experience and was still in college and still gave me the time of day. Act confident and they will respect you.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you think a sales person should have?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you are struggling to meet your sales goal?   Answer Question