Nordstrom Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

2.6

303 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online directly through their career site and got an email from a recruiter a week later to set up a phone interview. Fairly basic resume and behavioral questions, she allowed me to ask questions and then we touched on availability and compensation. Pretty relaxed but to the point.

After the phone interview, the recruiter sent an email with next steps which involved completing 3 assessments for financial math, excel, and 10-key. I took the assessments immediately and scored pretty well. 100% on 10-key and ~ 95% on the 2 others. I also was asked to send in a writing sample with the prompt being one of the interview questions. Don't take this opportunity for granted and polish up what you originally said on the phone.

A few days later I was contacted to conduct on on-site interview at the HQ. I asked my recruiter how I should prepare and she pretty much said that Nordstrom's interviews are behavioral based. I interviewed with the department manager. A dept lead was asked to join but was caught up in another meeting and only caught the last 10 mins. She was very nice and most importantly made the conversation very comfortable. She pulled out a list of interview questions and pretty much stuck to that script. Again, they were pretty basic behavioral questions (it was an entry level role), nothing too far fetched.

I thought I aced the interview since the conversation seemed very natural and free flowing, the manager even introduced me to one of the employees to give me a glimpse of the day to day. I left the interview very confident.

I didn't hear back after a week and a few days and emailed my recruiter for an update. Unfortunately I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your best customer service experience and why it was so special   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to push back   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were tasked to complete a project and while you were completing it, had to change direction. What did you do to handle that?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle confrontation   Answer Question
    • How would your peers describe you? 3 adjectives to describe yourself (and not your work ethic)   Answer Question
    • What are you strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. About a week or so later I received an email from a recruiter to set up a 30-minute phone interview with said recruiter. It was a straightforward phone screen and pretty much another version of the application questions concerning # of years experience with a set of skills. I was also asked some pretty general questions about work culture and so on (ex. what is your ideal work environment?)

The interviewer was nice and seemed more human than most recruiters I've talked to, although it was very clear there was a list of questions that she was checking off to relay to the hiring manager.

I was told that the hiring manager would then review the information. Weeks later, I saw the job re-posted despite never hearing back from Nordstrom. In that time of waiting I had another another cool company get me through their interview process pretty efficiently and eventually got a job offer. I would have liked to talk to the hiring manager at Nordstrom. Oh well.

Seasonal Stocking and Fullfilment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online and about 3 days later got a call to schedule an interview. The person on the phone said the closest time I could schedule was two weeks from then. She told me the name of the specific person I would be with but once I was there they told me I would be with someone else. He was very nice and friendly. The interview took 30 minutes, the questions were pretty basic situation based questions. After they told me I could expect a call 2-3 days after for them give me an offer or tell me that I didn't make the cut. I just had the interview today so I will be waiting for their call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

I applied online, and 15 minutes after I applied I got an email about setting up a phone interview. I have an interview on May 30th and I couldn't be more excited!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a customer was unhappy with a situation, what did you do about it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Auburn, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I went to an on campus event where they were looking for summer customer care representatives to help during their busy season.

The manager I met was very nice and he asked me about past jobs experience, and basic customer service questions.

I was then introduced to a recruiter who told me the pay rate and asked me if I would like to move forward and be sent an assessment test.

The assessment test was very basic and easy to follow. I am now waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer.   1 Answer

Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Lynnwood, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online; got a phone interview for in-person interview after 2 days. I went early for in-person interview 15 minutes. I was still waiting that the scheduled time passed 15 minutes, so the total time that I waited was 30 minutes. The next candidate came and the store assistant manager took her to the floor to look around. The manager asked me who I should interview with. I said "I don't know." because no one told me that. Finally she took me to a room for the interview and explained that the department manager was having a meeting. She asked related questions based on the position that I applied. At the end, she didn't ask me if I had any question. After 5 days, I got a voice message from the manager that she would like to have a follow up interview with me. I called back right after I checked the message. When I spoke to her, she changed her mind. She said she decided to pick the other candidate. What??? Why you give me a chance and then take it away? I really felt disappointed about Nordstorm's management team. Let me waited for that long for the in-person interview and, then seemed like giving me a chance to work and took it away.

On-Call Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Arrived and asked for the manager. I was then taken to the backroom and asked very general questions for retail. Instructions for the interview were provided in an email. I was asked about my working background, why I wanted to work in the beauty department, why I love makeup, etc. Be sure to dress professionally before going.

Retail Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

There were two interviews: one recorded online and one in-person if you pass the first one. I enjoyed the interview process! In-person we had a panel interview with 2 employees and a selling scenario part with 2 other employees. If you are very passionate about customers and fashion, everything works in your favor.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

They are looking for robots for dirt cheap.

'If you're looking to succeed, looking for growth, surround yourself with like minded people.' You won't find those people here.

Job description extremely vague. They will low ball you. Beware.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about getting coffee?   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online without reference, got a call from a recruiter and set up a phone call with the hiring manager. After the initial phone screen, mostly basic PM question, they invited me for a 5 person interview loop. The recruiter was awesome, always kept me in the loops, scheduled interview and followed up with me in a regular interval. Coming back from Microsoft at 9+ years the interview felt very easy. I also felt the interviewer felt a bit threatened since I felt I am overqualified for their version of Sr. Program Mgr role and expectation, hence they passed me stating it is not a good fit. If I had toned down my experiences and achievements and lowered it, I would have got the offer. I learned that Nordstorm is all about NON-A type personalities, I may have sounded too aggressive to get things done and they didn't like it and avoided it. The work seems pretty slow paced in the IT side, doesn't look like they are looking to change much.

Interview Questions

• They had couple of Coding questions, not too hard, the Tech PM was asking the question, seems is not too much knowledgeable about Runtime analysis of the algorithm, he had basic understanding off coding, but wanted to show off and then backed down later on.   1 Answer