Nordstrom Service Experience Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Service Experience Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Des Peres, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Des Peres, MO) in July 2013.

Interview

Very smooth and easy process. Application submitted online. Then a phone interview and then an interview with the department manager. All questions were not hard. It felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied and a week later was contacted and asked additional questions. Set up in person interview. Was there five minutes early and was given a tour of facilities. Questions seemed pretty straightforward and I interviewed with the person who was going to be my manager- which was nice.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

All online beginning. Call from HR that was brief. Then Set up for face to face with a department manager.
    I think the Q & A interview done in person, was dumb, hard to get to know a person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not very negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule an interview. The interview consisted of mainly behavioral questions? Followed by the interview I received an offer over the phone and accepted and I started about 2 weeks after the offer. They are very flexible in arranging times to meet with their candidates. If you follow the star method for the questions asked, you will be sure to deliver a great interview considering that all of the questions are behavior based (i.e. tell me about a time, what challenges, how did you resolve, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge that you've had in the workplace and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview was extremely relaxed and was just a conversation between the manager and me. Once we had sat down and introduced ourselves, the manager flipped my resume upside down and pushed it aside. She told me the way she interviews is to just get to know me as a person, so the whole meeting ended up feeling like an informational, get to know each other, interview rather than a traditional question and answer one. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and was just us having a good conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like working at Nordstrom?
      Where do you see yourself growing with the company, why?
      What were your favorite things about your last role and what things could have been improved?
      What do you do for fun outside of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Charleston, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very good they take you on a tour around the store and tell you about the job show you what you will be doing as your role. Then they fit into the back to ask you questions regarding it. Experience at your last job what role did you play the explain to you about the teamwork policy

Service Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in September 2016.

Interview

First, you apply online which will follow with a personality quiz of about 50 questions. I heard back the next day once that was completed offering a phone interview. You pick the time and date which is convenient. The phone interview is about 5-10 minutes of questions being asked then they will tell you if they want to continue the interview process. Last step is in person interview, takes about 15-30 minutes!

Interview Questions

The pay was less than what I expected. But love the company and the people I met.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New Orleans, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and it took 2 days for them to send me an email requesting a phone interview and choose a time that was would most convenient for me. The Phone interview lasted 7 minutes and asked only 4 questions regarding customer service. They offered me a face interview and i was employed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chandler, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview. The phone interviewers have a 2 hour window to call you which is really odd. After the phone interview, I received an email for an in person interview. The email only stated to meet outside the elevators on the 2nd floor. It did not give a name of a specific person which was odd. So, the interview turned out to be a group interview with two other people. This was weird and seemed lazy on Nordstrom's part and you guys wonder why Amazon is taking over. I can guarantee they don't do group interview with other potential candidates in one room.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had three rounds of interview, first, they do phone screening then the service experience manager will interview you, and then the store manager interviews you and then the service experience manager gives you a tour of the store.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions... tell me about the time that you handle a conflict in your team...   Answer Question