Nordstrom Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 39 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

Took the hacker rank with the coding challenge. Coding challenge was snitching numbers at the end of words in a sentence. The coding challenge had a time limit of 20 mins to complete it.

Interview Questions
  • I did not get to this stage.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

The interview had 4 rounds, all technical. The first 3 had coding questions but int the last one, the interviewer asked me technical questions based on my resume and my experiences.

Interview Questions
Nordstrom
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

Practice leet code easy and medium level questions and be prepared to think through the problem and work quickly. I'd recommend clicking the practice problem before you start just to get in the zone.

Interview Questions
Nordstrom
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA)

Interview

Initial coding test and behavioral recorded questions. Next had 3 rounds: first behavioral, second leetcode medium and third leetcode hard. You might be asked system design too. Took a week to get back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States) in Oct 2020

Interview

Applied online and had to do two coding challenges. Both are kinda easy. About a week later got an interview invitation. The interview was with two engineers. Question was easy,

Interview Questions
  • why nordstrom, a time when you made a big mistake, teamwork experience
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States) in Oct 2020

Interview

I talked to a university recruiter and got my name registered for the interview. The company then emailed me two online assessments, one with just a coding challenge and the other with behavioral questions and a coding challenge. The latter was a bit fairer in terms of difficulty, but it is not too hard.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Why Nordstrom Technology? Q: What was your best work achievements? Q: How did you handle feedback from your supervisor?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

It was a video interview as well as a coding interview. The video interview was using HireVue and asked behavioral questions such as Why Nordstrom? How do you learn a new technology? How do you deal with conflict? Etc

Interview Questions
  • Coding Question - Given 2 strings check if the second string is a rotation of the first
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Pompano Beach, FL) in Sep 2020

Interview

It was the best interview process I have ever had. The recruitment team was very responsive and welcoming. They provide interview details and tips in the interview invitation which is very helpful for preparing the interview. 1. HireVue coding assessment and few behavioral questions. I received an interview invitation 4 days after. 2. Three 50-minute 1:1 interview with software engineer and project manager from different teams. I received result one week after

Interview Questions
  • 1. Write pseudocode for a given problem (find the shortest substring that contains all the given character) 2. a brain teaser 3. Code a sorting related problem
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in Sep 2020

Interview

It was 4 rounds of 50 mins (Back to back) and consisted of a mix of behavioral and technical questions. Overall a good experience. Very nice interview panel with respect for time.

Interview Questions
  • Standard Leetcode question on arrays, Logical puzzle solving questions, Behavioral questions, questions based on resume.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

I Went through the recruiter, and I was sent to online coding challenge. Didn't make it past the coding challenge. Didn't quite understand how they wanted me to move forward.

Interview Questions
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 39