Nordstrom Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

It took multiple days and involved designing code on a white board. They were able to see I had the needed skills to learn if not all the direct skills to start with. Unfortunately a number of the people on my interview team were gone within 6 months. So the job I interviewed for became something else quickly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Met the recruiter at an on-campus school job fair. Got to talk with the hiring manager 30 minutes after submitting my resume. Had a quick phone call about what Nordstrom was doing and if I was interested in their work.

Went through a first round online interview with a group of engineers. After that, I got flown to Seattle where they were hiring for a final interview. Got to saw their office (really cool) and went through 1 round of HR interview and 1 round of coding (C#, no white boarding for me but programming on Visual Studio. A friend had to do white boarding though).

Questions during first interview:
    simple if-else statement, print [some word] given input is 5 letters, print [another word] given input is 4 letters and print [some word] if neither (I can't recall but it's something simple like that)

Final interview:
    My friend got asked standard interview questions e.g. reverse linked list in C#. I had a "TinyRegister." Given these failing test cases, make them pass by changing the code. Used Visual Studio to work through.

HR questions: standard HR stuff. Got asked about their "NordDNA" or company culture.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

This was a contractor position. It was the easiest interview in my life. First was a phone interview. Talked about some BS for behavioral questions. More technical was during the on-site interview. There were no exam questions, there were no coding questions. There was only one real engineer in the whole department, so his questions were more or less technical.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: "why would you like to work at Nordstrom" and "how did you resolve conflicts"?
      On-site interview: "what technologies were you involved", "did you have experience with this technology or that technology" and "describe us your career'   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

1 phone tech screen, then on site for hiring event. there were several interviewee invited with several managers in the event. after introduction and Q&A, interviewee went to a meeting room for interview. 4 round tech interviews wrapped up around 1PM. With in a week I got phone call for a yes or no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Didn't talk with her till one month later. Phone interviewed by manager and a couple of devs. On the phone interview, the manager didn't talk much and devs were asking some tech questions. At the end, the manager hinted that unfortunately he was looking for a senior engineer who can guide and lead. I thought I'd just move on. However, later on I was scheduled for an on-site interview for a few rounds. After lunch, a senior engineer interviewed me with a list of questions even without a copy of my resume, and he said it should be a stress free interview. (What does that mean? ) A couple of engineers didn't have a copy of my resume at all. After each round, the manager huddled with the interviewers in a separate room. At the end of the day, the recruiter and the manager came in and asked if I had any questions. After a few minutes, the manager shook my hand and said thanks for coming in. I left right away with the recruiter. I felt I must have been interviewed as a filler. It happened before with other employers from what I heard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interview was relaxed and provided opportunity to ask questions. Had 3 rounds of interviews and 2/3 were white board technical questions. The phone interview focused heavily on CS fundamentals for construction of data structures

Interview Questions

• Interview questions focused on handling querying over large datasets and designing APIs to best handle large number of records   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The first step is to talk with their manager: what technology you used before, talked about my background.
    The second step is phone screen with two people: they ask me to implement xml of android ui without IDE

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screens with Recruiting, whiteboards with different teams. The process started with a few phone screens with recruiting and then a phone screen with manager. Then, an all day interview with different teams that included behavioral questions and whiteboarding.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

HireVue plus questions asked by engineers - Basically two rounds, first round is a behavior round and second is more technical. Overall it was really smooth and they got back to me quickly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process was great. The recruiter asked me some behavioral questions, focusing on how to resolve conflicts in team works, followed by some algorithm questions. The interviewer dug into deep details about the behavioral questions. The whole process was around 45 mins and 20 mins were for the coding question. After completing whiteboard coding they will ask follow up questions.