Nordstrom Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The process takes a few months. There's a phone interview , FaceTime interview, and an activity. There was about a two week time frame between each interview. And I expect it to Be a other few weeks until they narrow everything down.

Interview Questions

• What does visual merchandising mean to you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about 2weeks later I got an email from HR to choose a certain date and time for a phone interview. I choose the first available time and she called. At the end of the phone interview, she invited me to do an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have retail experience?
      Why do you want to be a visual merchandiser?
      What experience do you have that related to visual merchandising?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted me about a month after I applied through the online portal. Set up a phone interview with a manager who said they would let everyone know by the end of the month. Two weeks later I had not heard anything and called HR to check and see if I should still be expecting a call or not. I was told that they were still deciding and would be contacting everyone either way by the end of the week. Another 2 weeks went by and still heard nothing so I called again and this time the HR lady was unsure and said she would have someone get in contact with me tomorrow who knows and of course its been about 2 weeks since then and I haven't heard anything. I am very disappointed as this is the flagship store and I applied at a different location and it was quick and easy and I have my second interview set up already. If they decided to go with other candidates that is totally okay but they should not be saying they will let us know either way and then never call and keep giving the run around when I call. Not professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

Whole interview took about 30 min. Interviewer discussed what to expect from the internship (responsibilities, job functions, etc.) She also asked a series of questions. Interview was very casual and easy-going.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

manager liked me so I got the job it was that easy. I just had a phone interview too. As soon as some changes were made I was no longer a favorite.

Negotiation

no starting was $16.00 for visual that is good starting hourly the cap is $23.00, the company has done some cuts so this might change. I am guessing they will pay visual less.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Was odd that there was no one to meet me for my interview at the scheduled time had to pick up a phone to page.

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Salem, OR).

Interview

I had interviewed for the position and it took almost five months before I was offered the job after interviewing. I thought it was odd till I started there and realized you NEVER have time for things like interviews and hiring because there is so much to do all the time in the world of visual merchandising/presentation.

Interview Questions

• can't think of one specific. I found out that they really look at what you are wearing and how creative and "on trend" you are. They are always looking for raw talent in Visual dept.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation on my part. It was a small store and sort of the bottom of the Nordstrom food chain. I knew I was gonna start a little more than base because of my experience. Nordstrom really pays well for the field compared to every retail chain I have looked at.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

The Visual Manager had me pull three outfits for 3 different customers in 30 minutes. I then described where each "outfit" was going and the target market

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Naples, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

HR called, HR Intervied e, The Visual Manager

Interview Questions

• Descrie your style and compare to another   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2008.

Interview

I was referred by a happy former employee who loved working for the company. My interview was for a new store, so may have been a little out of the ordinary. Interviewer was professional but relaxed. Explained the position fully and found answers to my questions - even after the initial interview was over. Even after I declined the offer, they asked that I call if I had any additional insights or questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about rotating areas of responsibility?   1 Answer