Nordstrom Visual Stylist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Visual Stylist Interview Questions

2.4

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Visual Stylist Interview

Interview

Followed an interview guide, about 10 questions. It only took 15 minutes tops. Then proceeded to do a style pull for a mock window. I was not allowed the opportunity to ask any questions. Interview was last week and have not heard back - not very professional.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Paramus, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

The first part is a video interview. The questions are prerecorded and you just record yourself answering them on the website. If your nervous at first, it's okay because they give you practice questions and you can then watch yourself answer those practice questions. Definitely practice before! It helped me feel more comfortable and answer the questions better.

About two days later I got an invent atom for an in person interview. The interview felt more like a conversation than just a Q and A which I really liked. I was in a small room with the visual merchandising manager. She hadn't even had a chance to look at my resume so the interview was definitely a first impression situation for her. She was really nice, happy, and friendly. I worked in a small store where I was able to get some experience doing visual merchandising so I had a decent amount to talk about in regards of what I like and what I thought about visual merchandising. Definitely practice these questions out loud with a friend too. It will help you a lot!!!

I didn't have to style mannequins or anything. We just talked the whole time. I showed her pics of my visual merchandising work. The interview lasted thirty minutes. I got called three business days later for the position. The pay was really good for an internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Which department stores do you like for their visual merchandising? (Except Nordstrom)
      Who is your favorite designer?
      Are you completely available during the summer?
      What does visual merchandising mean to you?
      What part of the visuals draw you in personally when you are in a store?   Answer Question

Visual Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2016.

Interview

Brief and easy going, I did a skype interview because I was not able to make it to do an in person interview. I interviewed with the visual merchandising manager, and he was very laid back. The questions shouldn't throw you off too much

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Durham, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

We went the packet of questions, then I styled three different looks for women and men. that's it! The entire process took less then 40 mins. Great experience! Really enjoy myself

Visual Stylist Interview

Interview

Applied for Job online and then invited me to video interview. completed a video interview at home that you record yourself and send in. They reviewed it and invited me to an in-person interview. Interview was at the Nordstrom location I was applying for. The interviewer was the visuals manager and she was really nice and friendly. She asked me questions from a packet and wrote them down and let me ask her a bunch of questions. Then I did 3 pulls for a trend. They are still conducting interviews and so I am still waiting for decisions to be made.

Visual Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2015.

Interview

The visual manager and supervisor interviewed me together and it was fairly casual and straightforward. The manager explained how they did things at Nordstrom, their day-to-day, and what the stylist's responsibilities are. I was given 30 min to pull three outfits that fit the trend given to me from a specific shop in the women's department. The interview was going well until the supervisor ran out to me while I was walking back to the office to present my outfits. I was watching my time so that I wouldn't go over the limit they gave me but I felt rushed while I was presenting and as soon as they had said a few words each, I was asked if I knew how to navigate out of the back area. Not even a "do you have any questions for us" which I thought was odd.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite designer and why?   Answer Question
    • What do the words "modern", "traditional", and "trendy" mean to you and what brand(s) come to mind with each word?   Answer Question
    • What magazines or blogs do you read to keep up with trends?   Answer Question

Visual Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position, which I found on LinkedIn, and heard back shortly after. I received a call from the Visual Manager and we set up a time for an interview later in the week. After the interview took place the manager went on vacation so it took about three weeks to hear back. Once she got back from vacation she called and offered me the internship.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

3 interviews. The first one was online, the second one was over the phone, and the third was in person. For the third interview all I had to do was style 4 head to toe looks. Two women and and two men. I was given 45 minutes to complete this, and then I was required to explain why I chose what I chose.

Interview Questions

• Favorite designer, what blogs do you like, what is your definition of visual merchandising, why do you want to work for us.   Answer Question

Visual Stylist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Painless. Asked about work history, your love of fashion, your future goals. Your flexiblitly, due to some night shifts, due to sale and regional visits. How much are you wanting to make, money wise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I knew what is was before going in. I have been wanting in this company for a long time now. I would have taken less.

Visual Stylist Interview

Interview

30 minute interview process, where Visual Manager goes through a series of questions from a handout. Pretty standard questions, and casual conversation between manager and I. Following interview process, walked around store with manager and had to pull 3 looks based on a picked trend. Overall, I had fun!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to lead a team and what was the outcome.   Answer Question