Norfolk Public Schools Interview Questions in Norfolk, VA | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Norfolk Public Schools

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Norfolk Public Schools (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

I received a phone call from the director of Human Resources. I was told that I was referred to them by an employee. They asked if I had my teaching certification. After indicating that I did have a certification, they asked if I would be interested in filling out paperwork for a position. Did not have an interview. Was essentially hired over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your teaching certificate?   1 Answer

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norfolk Public Schools (Norfolk, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process took hours at a job fair on a weekend. I was mainly sitting and waiting for an interview which only took 5 minutes. The whole process seemed very disorganized. I was told by the company that I was not qualified to teach the subject matter I applied for and then they called me a month later to tell me that I was and they offered me a one to one interview with a principal.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my former job experience.   1 Answer

Academy of the Arts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Norfolk Public Schools (Norfolk, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy. Just make sure that you are friendly and smile a lot. Since you'd be working with High Schoolers it's important that you show you have energy. Make sure your references are in order (because they do call).

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student was disruptive and disrespectful to you as a teacher?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norfolk Public Schools (Norfolk, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

First went to a teacher fair. Met with division hiring head. Asked if I had experience with diversity.Five minute interview with principal and lead teacher. Not difficult since I was a last minute hire and needed.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching style and how would you deal with defiant students. Why do you want to teach. Are you familiar with Harry Wong?   1 Answer