Norfolk Southern Carman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Carman Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern.

Interview

Usually held in a large conference room at a hotel, 20-100 applicants. Some form of mid-level management with a HR representative will explain everything from benefits to types of schedules to working on holidays to the drug test procedure to the requirements. throughout the process of describing the work and the life style you will be put on several breaks and before each break the management representative will ask anyone who is not sure about working for the railroad to leave. After about two hours of this you will take a fifty question test and be sent to lunch once complete. Upon returning from lunch they will call out x amount names to stay and send everyone else home. This is when you will do a face to face interview with the HR and management representatives. They will then send you on your way and explain that if interested they will give you a call.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience I had, what I saw myself doing five years from now,   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Norfolk Southern

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Show up on time. Recruiter goes over pay, benefits, what the position entails, etc. Then you take a basic aptitude test (not hard at all). To prepare, practice answering fact based questions. Test also includes work-type preferences and how much you care about safety. Study up on fractions!!

Interview Questions

• If I, as your supervisor, did something to break a safety rule, how would handle it?
      Why Norfolk vs other railroads?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Follow all of the instructions given to you to the "T".

Negotiation

No negotiation