Norfolk Southern Co-Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

3.3

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern (Norfolk, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

You have to create a profile and hope you get selected by a recruiter. Once you are selected, you receive an email stating you need to take a test. The test is partially timed and not timed. Based on the results of the test, you may get a phone interview and then possibly a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Norfolk Southern

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one behavioral interview. The managers walked through my resume, and we discussed each experience listed. I got an offer e-mail on the day of the interview. To move on with the process, I was required to go through a drug test and a background check.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to participate in [insert experience]?
      Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Interview

Applied online, phone interview, then in person interview with hiring managers. Had to get a lot of medical tests even for an internship... But all worth it!

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic interview for the internship process. They focus a lot on excel, and analytical ability, but don't test your ability, rather they take your word for it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns

Co-Op Interview

Interview

after applied on line, I got an email from HR ,giving me an assesment test.( a GRE verbal test and then personality test, 90 min total)
    Then after I submitted the test on line. I recieved a phone call from HR and ask me to reply her email and set up a phone call interview. She metioned about a on site interview in Atlanta, GA next week but she did not include the details. I will ask for more info after tomorrow phone interview.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern in April 2012.

Interview

The process was long and exhausting while in school, which included a multi-step interview, several online pre-qual quizzes and intelligence tests, personal interviews. I went through 3 of the 4 rounds.