Norfolk Southern Mechanical Engineer, Co-op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Norfolk Southern Mechanical Engineer, Co-op Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was long. Due to my application being submitted 9 months in advance and that's how their process is. I had a total of 4 interviews. One 1:1 interview, two phone interviews, and the final panel interview with 3 employees. All of the questions were behavioral based and the assessment required reading comprehension, not the typical "what would you do if" questions

Interview Questions

• How were you able to accomplish a task if people on your team weren't good team workers.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Norfolk Southern

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern.

Interview

I submitted an online application through the official website. After a week or so they sent me an email which links to an assessment test. The assessment test includes TOEFL type questions and personality test. I was approved and I did two phone calls with the HR department and the shop manager.

Interview Questions

• There were just normal questions that you can expect from phone interviews like 'why do you want to work for us?'   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have pay rates depending on what years you are in at your school.

Mechanical Engineer, Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern (Roanoke, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview from the HR, then the plant manager called to speak with me regarding my resume the 3rd time. The offer was made the next day without an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• none, all of them are standard and basic behavior questions.   Answer Question

I chose to graduate early instead of taking a semester off