Norfolk Southern Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern (Atlanta, GA) in April 2007.

Interview

A group of students were contacted via college hiring for a bheavioural and IQ written test. After a couple of weeks a select few got calls from different (or relevant) departments. I was selected for the Analysts position with a department. Two one on one interviews followed. Both started with questions about my past experience and things on the resume. There were followed by some specific questions on the skill set. Some programming related questions were also asked because the position required good programming skills. These I would say were easy to moderate, around 6/10 with 10 being the most difficult.

The people were easy to talk to and work with. The work hours were flexible. The company involved and encouraged participation in different non work related events. Coworkers were always offered help when needed.

Interview Questions

• What are the different scopes for Java variables?   Answer Question
  • Example of a time when you used your authority to prove a point.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate on the offer.