Norfolk Southern Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

Transportation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern.

Interview

The interview process was very formal. I applied through a University recruiting process, received an on campus interview, and then attended final round of interviews in Atlanta Headquarters. The pre-assessment was challenging and had both math and high vocabulary elements. Everyone throughout the process was very helpful and friendly.

Interview Questions

Norfolk Southern Response

Dec 12, 2017 – Asst Mgr Candidate Experience

Thank you for highlighting the process and efforts involved in becoming an NS employee. We hope you have found your new career rewarding!

Other Interview Reviews for Norfolk Southern

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I met with a recruiter at one of my school's career fairs. She was super nice and really straightforward about the job requirements. I interviewed with her the next day and a couple of weeks later I received an email asking me to schedule another interview with the heads of the department. They were really accommodating in regards to travel which was great. The actual interview was okay, the questions weren't hard, but I waited over an hour after my interview time. The interview itself felt short. It seemed the interviewers were tired after interviewing the 20+ people there

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were presented a challenge and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • How would you supervise employees?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern (Gainesville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy and fun to talk to. The process wasn't all too difficult and it helps to do some research about the company you're applying for. Also I think they like flexible employees location wise.

Transportation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern in November 2015.

Interview

Took an online assessment. Heard back about 2 months later about a phone screening with only 2 hours to prepare. Then on the phone after the screening was invited to be flown to Atlanta for final round of interviews.

Transportation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Norfolk Southern.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a 2 day meet and greet/interview in ATL.
    Interview In Atlanta was with 2 different groups of people
    Must pass a urine and hair drug test.
    Be prepared to work with very blue collar people if you get the job even if its a management position.