Nortel Networks Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Nortel Networks Interview Questions in Canada

2.7

Interview

got this job thru internal interview process

Negotiation

internal

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

apply to external postings

Interview Questions

• do you really think you can do this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Software Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Very pleasant on the phone, asked behavioural and technical questions mostly. Friendly and warm manager. Was very focused on integrity rather than your results. I think I did well, because I was honest even though some of the answers were displaying the best of my ability. And taking on responsibilities instead of blaming problem on my teammate.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your final year project about and was there any difficulties?
      Q: Who was responsible for the problem (above)?
      Answer Question

Materials Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Standard Panel intervieiw the company flew me to Calgary where I met with three Senior Managers as there was a choice of three positions I could choose from. The process did take about a month to setup and make happen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a company move for my family to Calgary, a fairly good salery, benefits, as well as accommodations for 1 month while waiting for the house we purchased to be availble dur to closing date.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2009.

Interview

I was called by phone to schedule an interview. This was followed by an email. The email details the location and time of the interview (but no names of interviewers).
    I was interviewed by two people - a senior manager and my direct manager. The interview questions were majorly skill-based. They also asked a couple of behavioral questions. The interview took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Have you had conflict with your colleagues? How did you resolve the conflict? What kind of people do you like working with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no much room for negotiation. They offered salary within industry standard for new grads.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

Interview

Campus recruitment. Many questions with hiring manager.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

This interview took place several years ago...not sure if it applies.
    It was an internal hire so the interviewer knew me and we focused on the technology and where the business was going, how to grow it, etc.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how to grow a certain business given the fact that it might not be the 'core' business driver for Nortel as a whole   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very straightforward.

Systems Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2008.

Interview

Applied online, got an interview call from my future manager. I was jointly interviewed by another manager from the software group. Questions were mostly about work done in co-op terms, and other standard interview questions. Very friendly and low pressure interview experience. Got a job offer approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a non-functional circuit board assembly, how would you determine the root cause for the failure ?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in January 2008.

Interview

In person interview, did not call back.

Member of Scientific Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2008.

Interview

Sample code writing, behavioural questions, case studies, met with hr, met with other managers, new employees. gave office tour, met with hr. some on campus, some on site. flew to Ottawa.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here rather than in Toronto?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation possible