Nortel Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nortel Networks Interview Questions

2.7

Strategic Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Met with Sales director, major accounts director and engineering manager in a panel and one on one interviews. I didn't think that is was that difficult, but they were very focused on technology solutions versus business solutions... they were very entrenched in the telco attitude.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about methods that I used to penetrate strategic accounts.   1 Answer

Software Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Very friendly interviewers.

They clearly described what the department does & what my specific responsibilities would be.

The overall experience was so good. I actually had originally been invited to interview for a different department, but ended up accepting the offer for the other (non-invited) department.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I had interest in the department and what they did (since it was not a software development position)   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Interview

As I was internal candidate, interview process was not that stricy .They mainly focussed on my product knowledge as it was inbound Product Mgmt position. My previous role was escallation lead for the same product line . They have checked my indepth domain knowledge, communication skill and social skill to match with the existing team

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate much as I was eagerly waiting for the position

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks.

Interview

Technical interviews - a full day process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Great work environment. Easy hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Plano, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews. Overall, I would say it was a positive experience. The work environment is friendly and you can tell that there are a good number of people who work from home. They had a snack area that was free which was a good idea. I would like to work there.

Interview Questions

• They had for a question about Object Oriented designed which was pretty obscure.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

I was first emailed for writing samples and then completed a telephone interview with my soon-to-be supervisor. I was then asked in for an in-person interview with members of the team I'd be joining.
    The people interviewing me were most concerned I'd fit the dynamic of the team they had in place so it was difficult to know what skills and specialties to share that would or would not fit the space they had available.
    Other questions were typical: describe a situation where you overcame difficulties, etc.

Interview Questions

• I was asked for my perception of the company's current difficulties, which included preparing to declare bankruptcy. As a comms person, discussing these issues in a delicate but accurate manner was important for the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered more than I'd ever made before and accepted eagerly.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Standard process. There was an initial review of qualifications and then basic questions that asked about the job and other career. Interviewed with HR and hiring manager Standard process. There was an initial review of qualifications and then basic questions that asked about the job and other career. Interviewed with HR and hiring manager.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

First they would do a Phone screen. If you did well, then onsite interview with different employees 1-1. each employee would cover different topics. you speak to 5 different people. it takes all day. lunch provided. also info session with Human resources about benefits.

Interview Questions

• Given the following design, how would you test out connections to each of the various components/blocks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i didn't negotiate

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Santa Cruz, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

People I met during the interview process were really helpful. Scheduling interviews was easy as the employees displayed a lot of flexibility. They were looking for someone who is motivated to work for the company and fluent in Network protocols they support. In the end, I was probably not Senior enough for the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of BGP questions, some of which were difficult. Some of the more obscure commands also came-up and caught me off guard.   Answer Question