Nortel Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nortel Networks Interview Questions

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Research Triangle Park, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with the entire group at once.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Plano, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews. Overall, I would say it was a positive experience. The work environment is friendly and you can tell that there are a good number of people who work from home. They had a snack area that was free which was a good idea. I would like to work there.

Interview Questions

• They had for a question about Object Oriented designed which was pretty obscure.   Answer Question

Software Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Very friendly interviewers.

They clearly described what the department does & what my specific responsibilities would be.

The overall experience was so good. I actually had originally been invited to interview for a different department, but ended up accepting the offer for the other (non-invited) department.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I had interest in the department and what they did (since it was not a software development position)   1 Answer

Strategic Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Met with Sales director, major accounts director and engineering manager in a panel and one on one interviews. I didn't think that is was that difficult, but they were very focused on technology solutions versus business solutions... they were very entrenched in the telco attitude.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about methods that I used to penetrate strategic accounts.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2008.

Interview

How do you know about Nortel
    Why marketing? How do you know about marketing?
    What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Your greatest achievement?
    Describe a situation where you worked in a team? Describe a situation in which you solved a problem.
    What other careers have you considered/applied for?

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Standard process. There was an initial review of qualifications and then basic questions that asked about the job and other career. Interviewed with HR and hiring manager Standard process. There was an initial review of qualifications and then basic questions that asked about the job and other career. Interviewed with HR and hiring manager.

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Interviewed for a system test engineer position. Had 5 or 6 interviews from 10 am to 2 pm. Discussions were mostly around IP routing, ethernet switching. This was followed by a small discussion with the hiring manager where we discussed salary, the role and the work that the team does.

Interview Questions

• IP subnetting exercise for a given network with x hosts and y subnets   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Raleigh, NC) in April 2007.

Interview

Asked me if I had good MS Excel skills and if I was good at number crunching. They seemed to be on the verge of making an offer but asked me my salary requirements. I told them I was not sure of the range and that I would be willing to negotiate but they still asked for a number. I told them a range and again said that I was negotiable. I never heard back from them after that.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

First they would do a Phone screen. If you did well, then onsite interview with different employees 1-1. each employee would cover different topics. you speak to 5 different people. it takes all day. lunch provided. also info session with Human resources about benefits.

Interview Questions

• Given the following design, how would you test out connections to each of the various components/blocks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i didn't negotiate

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks.

Interview

Technical interviews - a full day process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation