Nortel Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nortel Networks Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Plano, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews. Overall, I would say it was a positive experience. The work environment is friendly and you can tell that there are a good number of people who work from home. They had a snack area that was free which was a good idea. I would like to work there.

Interview Questions

• They had for a question about Object Oriented designed which was pretty obscure.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Santa Cruz, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

People I met during the interview process were really helpful. Scheduling interviews was easy as the employees displayed a lot of flexibility. They were looking for someone who is motivated to work for the company and fluent in Network protocols they support. In the end, I was probably not Senior enough for the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of BGP questions, some of which were difficult. Some of the more obscure commands also came-up and caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Plymouth, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

first - phon interview, onsite interview . 5 people one by one to inveriew. also some facilityvisiting. team meeting.topics from behaviors to technical, company outlook. some psy interview.

nice work place. HR' is very pushing demanding. the hiring process is too long

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Following a phone screen,
    There was a technical screen followed by a group review.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan JVM for a web application ?   1 Answer

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in March 2009.

Interview

I did a pre phone interview for the manager to determine if I had the technical skills. Once he realized I was speaking the lingo he gave me an on site interview. There were four people to interview with that I would be directly working with. It is very obvious when you are interviewing thatthere are other candidates because the are being interviews in the room right next to you. I was asked alot of technical questions just to see if I recogognized and sold solutions with the items mentioned. Then questions about how I like to learn, be managed etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you best learn new material?   Answer Question
    • What was one positive and one negative experience in your current position   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Bristol, CT) in February 2009.

Interview

basic questions asked

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Raleigh, NC) in April 2007.

Interview

Asked me if I had good MS Excel skills and if I was good at number crunching. They seemed to be on the verge of making an offer but asked me my salary requirements. I told them I was not sure of the range and that I would be willing to negotiate but they still asked for a number. I told them a range and again said that I was negotiable. I never heard back from them after that.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in July 2011.

Interview

I received a call for on site interview. I did not like flight arrangements as I got a connecting flight. First interview was with HR for about a half hour. Then 1:1 interviews with 4 team memebrs. It was boring as I had to repeat the same story over again.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interviews give the company a chance to get a feel for your skill-set, interests, desired compensation etc., and see if there is a match between their needs and your strengths. If there is enough common ground, then the phone interviews are almost always followed-up by an in-person interview. Phone interviews are generally conducted in two steps. The first step is with a recruiter in Human Resources. The second step is a technical interview, usually with one of the people you would be working with.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

Interview

Applied to the position online via website. Was contacted by phone to schedule an in person interview. Two separate interviews, one with someone from HR and another with the hiring manager.

Was questioned extensively on project management techniques, challenging situations and how to deal with them. Also asked about motivating teams.