Nortel Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nortel Networks Interview Questions

2.7

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Santa Cruz, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

People I met during the interview process were really helpful. Scheduling interviews was easy as the employees displayed a lot of flexibility. They were looking for someone who is motivated to work for the company and fluent in Network protocols they support. In the end, I was probably not Senior enough for the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of BGP questions, some of which were difficult. Some of the more obscure commands also came-up and caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

This interview took place several years ago...not sure if it applies.
    It was an internal hire so the interviewer knew me and we focused on the technology and where the business was going, how to grow it, etc.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how to grow a certain business given the fact that it might not be the 'core' business driver for Nortel as a whole   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very straightforward.

Interview

got this job thru internal interview process

Negotiation

internal

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Mysore (India)) in September 2009.

Interview

1-Technical Written round
    2- Technical Interviews - Networking and c programming
    1-HR Interview with the Director of the Company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

5.4 Lac

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

Interview

Applied to the position online via website. Was contacted by phone to schedule an in person interview. Two separate interviews, one with someone from HR and another with the hiring manager.

Was questioned extensively on project management techniques, challenging situations and how to deal with them. Also asked about motivating teams.

Materials Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Standard Panel intervieiw the company flew me to Calgary where I met with three Senior Managers as there was a choice of three positions I could choose from. The process did take about a month to setup and make happen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a company move for my family to Calgary, a fairly good salery, benefits, as well as accommodations for 1 month while waiting for the house we purchased to be availble dur to closing date.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

First they would do a Phone screen. If you did well, then onsite interview with different employees 1-1. each employee would cover different topics. you speak to 5 different people. it takes all day. lunch provided. also info session with Human resources about benefits.

Interview Questions

• Given the following design, how would you test out connections to each of the various components/blocks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i didn't negotiate

Strategic Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Met with Sales director, major accounts director and engineering manager in a panel and one on one interviews. I didn't think that is was that difficult, but they were very focused on technology solutions versus business solutions... they were very entrenched in the telco attitude.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about methods that I used to penetrate strategic accounts.   1 Answer

Software Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Very friendly interviewers.

They clearly described what the department does & what my specific responsibilities would be.

The overall experience was so good. I actually had originally been invited to interview for a different department, but ended up accepting the offer for the other (non-invited) department.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I had interest in the department and what they did (since it was not a software development position)   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2010.

Interview

Interview was good and face to face was about an hour long. Manager and other people in the interview was nice. They let me ask a lot of questions. They made me feel that I already had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It took about 3 weeks to get all the paper work and on boarding process completed.