Nortel Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nortel Networks Interview Questions

2.7

Materials Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Standard Panel intervieiw the company flew me to Calgary where I met with three Senior Managers as there was a choice of three positions I could choose from. The process did take about a month to setup and make happen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a company move for my family to Calgary, a fairly good salery, benefits, as well as accommodations for 1 month while waiting for the house we purchased to be availble dur to closing date.

Software Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Very pleasant on the phone, asked behavioural and technical questions mostly. Friendly and warm manager. Was very focused on integrity rather than your results. I think I did well, because I was honest even though some of the answers were displaying the best of my ability. And taking on responsibilities instead of blaming problem on my teammate.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your final year project about and was there any difficulties?
      Q: Who was responsible for the problem (above)?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Istanbul (Turkey)) in May 2015.

Interview

I had the interview with the team lead. They asked many technical questions and my background. the interview was very positive and relaxed. However, I can not say the same thing about HR interview. They made me travel for 4 hours just for a 5 min interview and the staff was really unprofessional.

Interview Questions

the compensation was very week.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

First they would do a Phone screen. If you did well, then onsite interview with different employees 1-1. each employee would cover different topics. you speak to 5 different people. it takes all day. lunch provided. also info session with Human resources about benefits.

Interview Questions

• Given the following design, how would you test out connections to each of the various components/blocks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i didn't negotiate

Strategic Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Met with Sales director, major accounts director and engineering manager in a panel and one on one interviews. I didn't think that is was that difficult, but they were very focused on technology solutions versus business solutions... they were very entrenched in the telco attitude.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about methods that I used to penetrate strategic accounts.   1 Answer

Software Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Very friendly interviewers.

They clearly described what the department does & what my specific responsibilities would be.

The overall experience was so good. I actually had originally been invited to interview for a different department, but ended up accepting the offer for the other (non-invited) department.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I had interest in the department and what they did (since it was not a software development position)   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Standard process. There was an initial review of qualifications and then basic questions that asked about the job and other career. Interviewed with HR and hiring manager Standard process. There was an initial review of qualifications and then basic questions that asked about the job and other career. Interviewed with HR and hiring manager.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2010.

Interview

Interview was good and face to face was about an hour long. Manager and other people in the interview was nice. They let me ask a lot of questions. They made me feel that I already had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It took about 3 weeks to get all the paper work and on boarding process completed.

Application

I interviewed at Nortel Networks in February 2010.

Interview

Initial coms : written and email contact.
    2 interviews the same day, 1 with supervisor which was very detailed, second with HR
    which was very very good. Perception of people : very open minded, informative and easy going, office very good, work culture very good.

Interview Questions

• Describe a business case where customer disagrees on your contributions and doesnt change his opinion, what would you do ?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Santa Cruz, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

People I met during the interview process were really helpful. Scheduling interviews was easy as the employees displayed a lot of flexibility. They were looking for someone who is motivated to work for the company and fluent in Network protocols they support. In the end, I was probably not Senior enough for the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of BGP questions, some of which were difficult. Some of the more obscure commands also came-up and caught me off guard.   Answer Question