Nortel Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nortel Networks Interview Questions

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Plymouth, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

first - phon interview, onsite interview . 5 people one by one to inveriew. also some facilityvisiting. team meeting.topics from behaviors to technical, company outlook. some psy interview.

nice work place. HR' is very pushing demanding. the hiring process is too long

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Following a phone screen,
    There was a technical screen followed by a group review.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan JVM for a web application ?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2010.

Interview

Interview was good and face to face was about an hour long. Manager and other people in the interview was nice. They let me ask a lot of questions. They made me feel that I already had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It took about 3 weeks to get all the paper work and on boarding process completed.

Business Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2009.

Interview

Since I transfered from one division of Nortel Networks (Carrier) to another division of Nortel Networks (Enterprise) this was an internal move with verly few interviews involved. The whole process was very relaxed and informal, but perhaps this was because I have worked for the Enterprise division previously. Not written job description was provided so it was hard to know if you were meeting your targets.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know the Enterprise product line?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to take on more product resposibility if required?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Lateral move

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Washington, DC) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was great. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter. He was up-front and very matter-of-fact about the entire process, including the extensive background check required for this particular position. The in-person interview with the project manager was very comfortable. There were no trick questions or anything, just an honest conversation about my skills and experiences and the project needs and nuances. I felt very prepared for what I walked into. The offer was made swiftly, there was a delay in my actual start date based on successful completion of the background check, which was extensive given the nature of the position and the actual length of time was typical for that level of clearance.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with a colleague or supervisor that was difficult to work with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate, the company offered me more than I'd asked for and based their offer on my work experience and education, not my negotiating skills.

Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Southfield, MI) in July 2009.

Interview

One face to face interview, initial follow up by HR and then numerous calls to follow up on decision

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate 5% increase on initial offer

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in March 2009.

Interview

I did a pre phone interview for the manager to determine if I had the technical skills. Once he realized I was speaking the lingo he gave me an on site interview. There were four people to interview with that I would be directly working with. It is very obvious when you are interviewing thatthere are other candidates because the are being interviews in the room right next to you. I was asked alot of technical questions just to see if I recogognized and sold solutions with the items mentioned. Then questions about how I like to learn, be managed etc.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Bristol, CT) in February 2009.

Interview

basic questions asked

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview process what a bit strange as it was completely over the phone, and didn't require any face to face interaction (or even video chat interaction). There were a few one on one sections of the interview and then it finished with a group chat. There weren't many deep technology questions, instead mostly background questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no real negotation, it was very much 'take it or leave it'

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Research Triangle Park, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with the entire group at once.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary.