Nortel Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nortel Networks Interview Questions

2.7

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Interviewed for a system test engineer position. Had 5 or 6 interviews from 10 am to 2 pm. Discussions were mostly around IP routing, ethernet switching. This was followed by a small discussion with the hiring manager where we discussed salary, the role and the work that the team does.

Interview Questions

• IP subnetting exercise for a given network with x hosts and y subnets   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2008.

Interview

How do you know about Nortel
    Why marketing? How do you know about marketing?
    What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Your greatest achievement?
    Describe a situation where you worked in a team? Describe a situation in which you solved a problem.
    What other careers have you considered/applied for?

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Richardson, TX) in June 2007.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone only but this is not the typical process. Normally candidates interview with one or two of the inside sales managers and then the sales director. My interview went extremely well and I did not find it in anyway challenging. I was hired the next week. This company was the best company to work for with regard to the friendly people, all of the groups and activities they sponsor and the great benefits they offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe my personality   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when I was faced with a difficult problem and handled it with creatively and innovatively   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told that the position had a set base and set commission rate leaving very little room for negotiation

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Raleigh, NC) in April 2007.

Interview

Asked me if I had good MS Excel skills and if I was good at number crunching. They seemed to be on the verge of making an offer but asked me my salary requirements. I told them I was not sure of the range and that I would be willing to negotiate but they still asked for a number. I told them a range and again said that I was negotiable. I never heard back from them after that.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Istanbul (Turkey)) in May 2015.

Interview

I had the interview with the team lead. They asked many technical questions and my background. the interview was very positive and relaxed. However, I can not say the same thing about HR interview. They made me travel for 4 hours just for a 5 min interview and the staff was really unprofessional.

Interview Questions

the compensation was very week.

Interview

got this job thru internal interview process

Negotiation

internal

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

apply to external postings

Interview Questions

• do you really think you can do this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Thorough recruiting process though a 3rd party initially. 3 Internal interviews - all very professional

Interview Questions

• How would you make a difference in 30/60 and 90 days   2 Answers

Negotiation

one sided

Software Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Very pleasant on the phone, asked behavioural and technical questions mostly. Friendly and warm manager. Was very focused on integrity rather than your results. I think I did well, because I was honest even though some of the answers were displaying the best of my ability. And taking on responsibilities instead of blaming problem on my teammate.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your final year project about and was there any difficulties?
      Q: Who was responsible for the problem (above)?   Answer Question

Materials Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Standard Panel intervieiw the company flew me to Calgary where I met with three Senior Managers as there was a choice of three positions I could choose from. The process did take about a month to setup and make happen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a company move for my family to Calgary, a fairly good salery, benefits, as well as accommodations for 1 month while waiting for the house we purchased to be availble dur to closing date.