Nortel Networks Interview Questions in Ottawa, ON | Glassdoor

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

apply to external postings

Interview Questions

• do you really think you can do this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Software Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Very pleasant on the phone, asked behavioural and technical questions mostly. Friendly and warm manager. Was very focused on integrity rather than your results. I think I did well, because I was honest even though some of the answers were displaying the best of my ability. And taking on responsibilities instead of blaming problem on my teammate.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your final year project about and was there any difficulties?
      Q: Who was responsible for the problem (above)?   Answer Question

Systems Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2008.

Interview

Applied online, got an interview call from my future manager. I was jointly interviewed by another manager from the software group. Questions were mostly about work done in co-op terms, and other standard interview questions. Very friendly and low pressure interview experience. Got a job offer approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a non-functional circuit board assembly, how would you determine the root cause for the failure ?   Answer Question

Member of Scientific Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2008.

Interview

Sample code writing, behavioural questions, case studies, met with hr, met with other managers, new employees. gave office tour, met with hr. some on campus, some on site. flew to Ottawa.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here rather than in Toronto?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation possible

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2007.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people that were the lead managers for the project. It was fairly informal and lasted about one hour. The skills they were looking for were quite specific and I had them due to my previous experience, so that contributed to make the interview less formal and less technical.