Nortel Networks Interview Questions in Richardson, TX | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Very friendly interviewers.

They clearly described what the department does & what my specific responsibilities would be.

The overall experience was so good. I actually had originally been invited to interview for a different department, but ended up accepting the offer for the other (non-invited) department.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I had interest in the department and what they did (since it was not a software development position)   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Richardson, TX) in June 2007.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone only but this is not the typical process. Normally candidates interview with one or two of the inside sales managers and then the sales director. My interview went extremely well and I did not find it in anyway challenging. I was hired the next week. This company was the best company to work for with regard to the friendly people, all of the groups and activities they sponsor and the great benefits they offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe my personality   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when I was faced with a difficult problem and handled it with creatively and innovatively   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told that the position had a set base and set commission rate leaving very little room for negotiation