Nortel Networks Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nortel Networks Software Developer Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2009.

Interview

Campus recruitment. Many questions with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nortel Networks

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2007.

Interview

First, there was a fairly standard phone interview directly with the manager - no HR involvement. Standard questions were asked: Describe your experience with software development, projects worked on and a chance to ask some questions at the end. After that, an on-site interview was scheduled within a week.

The on-site interview was a panel interview with several people, including the manager, team lead and possible co-workers. Was asked to write code on a whiteboard, implementing fairly straightforward methods to demonstrate that I understood the language and problem domains. Talked a bit about the code and discussed alternate ways to arrive at the solution. Was then asked again to describe projects and past experience.

Overall, a fair process and they were quick to get back to me, within a week.

Interview Questions

• Implement a method to accomplish X (where X is a fairly trivial problem) and describe what exceptions it should throw, as well as what parameters it should take and the return type.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much leeway with negotiations, though relocation was provided after some haggling.