Nortel Networks Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nortel Networks Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Plano, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews. Overall, I would say it was a positive experience. The work environment is friendly and you can tell that there are a good number of people who work from home. They had a snack area that was free which was a good idea. I would like to work there.

Interview Questions

• They had for a question about Object Oriented designed which was pretty obscure.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nortel Networks

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Research Triangle Park, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with the entire group at once.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Istanbul (Turkey)) in May 2015.

Interview

I had the interview with the team lead. They asked many technical questions and my background. the interview was very positive and relaxed. However, I can not say the same thing about HR interview. They made me travel for 4 hours just for a 5 min interview and the staff was really unprofessional.

Interview Questions

the compensation was very week.

Software Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Very pleasant on the phone, asked behavioural and technical questions mostly. Friendly and warm manager. Was very focused on integrity rather than your results. I think I did well, because I was honest even though some of the answers were displaying the best of my ability. And taking on responsibilities instead of blaming problem on my teammate.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your final year project about and was there any difficulties?
      Q: Who was responsible for the problem (above)?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interviews give the company a chance to get a feel for your skill-set, interests, desired compensation etc., and see if there is a match between their needs and your strengths. If there is enough common ground, then the phone interviews are almost always followed-up by an in-person interview. Phone interviews are generally conducted in two steps. The first step is with a recruiter in Human Resources. The second step is a technical interview, usually with one of the people you would be working with.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Mysore (India)) in September 2009.

Interview

1-Technical Written round
    2- Technical Interviews - Networking and c programming
    1-HR Interview with the Director of the Company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

5.4 Lac

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nortel Networks (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2009.

Interview

I was called by phone to schedule an interview. This was followed by an email. The email details the location and time of the interview (but no names of interviewers).
    I was interviewed by two people - a senior manager and my direct manager. The interview questions were majorly skill-based. They also asked a couple of behavioral questions. The interview took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Have you had conflict with your colleagues? How did you resolve the conflict? What kind of people do you like working with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no much room for negotiation. They offered salary within industry standard for new grads.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nortel Networks in November 2007.

Interview

Was new-grad hiring process. Not useful anymore as company has gone bankrupt and froze hiring.