North American Bancard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Accounts Receivable/Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North American Bancard (Detroit, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

I met with the manager as well as two other team members. Overall it was a great experience. Mostly behavioral questions and was told what the job duties and work day would be like.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at North American Bancard (Troy, MI).

Interview

Actually interviewed by someone who knew what he wanted, what company needed, this is NOT the Normal procedure (clueless HR person is usual interviewee) Too bad job actually turned into something completely different within a month of hire, assigned to clueless manager who didn't know what to do with actual talent that knew more than him.

Interview Questions

• What actual languages, development environments you have used in past.   1 Answer

Negotiation

How much do you need? <replied> -- Ok.

Collection Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North American Bancard in October 2015.

Interview

I first interviewed over the phone with human resources which was a wonderful experience. I was then called back and did face to face two different times with two higher ups that were both professional and personable. Was both great interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was a decision in management you wish you had handled differently   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very fair

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North American Bancard in May 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews pretty straight forward. Talked about how classes taken so far could apply to the role and what experiences could apply to the job as well. Overall easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to meet a strict deadline and how you accomplished it?   Answer Question
    • What has been your favorite class so far in college?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North American Bancard.

Interview

I applied online and got a response within 48 hours. It was first a friendly chat to schedule an interview with more relevant personnel, which was about a 20-30 minute phone interview the next week.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have any difficulties in managing a group? How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North American Bancard (Troy, MI) in September 2010.

Interview

Called Recruiter (Deb Fonseca) who called me back. Let's put it this way. Horrible HR person. She asked me to give details about my resume and as soon as i began talking she began to intterrogate me about my resume, never given me a chance to explain why i left my former job and asking me questions such as " Let me get this straight, you left your former job because it doesn't pay well?" And then finishing it off with " Well taht doesn't make sense to me" WTH! From the get-go she immediately assumed that my former employer had fired me and asked me questions assuming that i was lying. Isn't the idea of a job interview for you to tell the recruiter about your skills and former experiences?? instead i felt like i was being interrogated and NO ONE should ever have to feel that way. Why should i automatically be removed from a job selection process because i left my former job because it did not pay well???

Advice to Managers: You do not want a HR person who makes job applicants feel like they are in a secluded FBI room for questioning.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your former job?.... Hmmm. That doesn't make sense.   Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at North American Bancard (Troy, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen went very well, I tried to follow up, but got no response from the recruiter. I followed up with a phone call and an email to which I got no response.

Interview Questions

• What is your background working with a sales force, what is your background with hiring and performance appraisals.   Answer Question

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North American Bancard (Troy, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

After sending an application online, I received a phone screen. I was then given an in-person interview. The questions were basic, mostly were used to gauge which technologies I'm familiar or experienced in. Overall, the interview process was pleasant.

However, a few weeks went by after waiting as I told. Curious to find out what my status was, I checked up with the HR employee only to receive this response, "I had meant to reach out to you a few weeks ago but I guess I didn’t, so sorry about that! [removed] really enjoyed meeting with you, at this time the position was put on a brief hold."

If you value your time, please don't wait on North American Bancard. I don't recommend turning down any decent offers for the sake of a potential position here.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North American Bancard.

Interview

I had initial phone interview followed by two additional interviews with two interviewers at each. I was told I would receive follow up after the third time I interviewed, but there was no follow up. If you are going to have people come in repeatedly for interviews it would be at least courteous if they do not get the position to at least follow up with a generic email saying you went with another candidate or whatever the situation may warrant.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly dealt with prior experience and how it would it be applicable to the current position.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North American Bancard (Troy, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume via email for a Customer Service position. It took approximately two weeks to hear back from a recruiter, but she was connecting me in regards to a Tech Support position. She called and we discussed what the position consisted of...I told her I was interested and we scheduled an interview.

The interview started off like any other, I met with the HR recruiter and we went over the companies history, the position in more detail, and the interview process. The HR recruiter took me on a tour of the office building. The building interior design was stunning! Very modern, relaxing, and comfortable. I felt like I made it to the big time, lol!

Back to earth, at the end of the tour she passed me off the to Tech Support supervisor and we conducted the along with another supervisor in a conference room. It was a very lax environment and that was great for me because I felt like I could be myself and not come off as rehearsed. The interview process lasted about 30 minutes or so and the supervisor walked me out while giving me feedback (which RARELY happens).

I heard back from the recruiter four days later saying I should hear back in a few days rather it be good or bad. I received a call on Thursday saying my background check came back good and I was offered & excepted the position.

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North American Bancard (Bellevue, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

Very awkward, interviewer could not hold a conversation. Dressed very casual and didn't seem interested. Inapropprat and rude. How can a HR professional have zero people skills? My suspicion is that they already made a job offer to someone else. Please write at least 30 words.

Interview Questions

North American Bancard Response

Jun 16, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

I am the Director of Talent Acquisition for North American Bancard. It's unfortunate that you had this experience, however North American Bancard does not have a presence in Nebraska so no one from... More