North Carolina Central University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

3.1

Adju Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at North Carolina Central University (Durham, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

A presentation was conducted for a graduate level course on my area of expertise. The professor and the chair of the department were present to hear my presentation and witness my interaction with the students. Afterwards, more of a conversation to ensure our values and practices were aligned.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever considered being your experience and expertise from your career, into the classroom?   Answer Question

Institutional Advancement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Carolina Central University (Durham, NC).

Interview

Three interviews were conducted- a video conference interview, a panel interview and an interview with the Vice Chancellor. An application was done online and the following documents where required: references, resume and unofficial transcripts.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you are interested in this position.   Answer Question
    • Why should we extend and offer to you and how would you envision your first month?   Answer Question
    • How do you troubleshoot problems in your current role?   Answer Question

Vice Chancellor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina Central University.

Interview

The current leadership is bypassing hiring policy to place the individuals they want. This is not ethical or legal. I would apply elsewhere. All senior positions applied for are filled by friends or close associates of the senior administration.

SRSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Carolina Central University (Durham, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Had to apply through high school online and answer some questions. Had to turn a recommendation in and it was pretty straight forward. Go to the website and sign up the application. It was a good learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly what do want to get out of the internship.   1 Answer

Technical Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at North Carolina Central University (Durham, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview. Shortly after I had and in person interview and met with the leadership team for 45min. Questions were behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions

• If you be any shape, what would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation great benefits

Administrative Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina Central University (Durham, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted application through NC state website in January. Received an immediate email confirmation of application received from state website. About 3 weeks later, I received an email from administrative assistance of the University requesting my availability for an interview. Interview was set up the same day and scheduled the following week. The interview was scheduled around the middle of February. I interviewed with a panel of 5of the people I would directly support. Around a month later, mid-March I received a letter in the mail stating I got the job with the start date of first week of June. The first day I had to go to the University's training which consisted of learning about the benefits and university policies.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are you strengths and weaknesses? Why should we hire you for this position? How would you handle working with a difficult colleague or student?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation of salary.

Assistant Library Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North Carolina Central University (Durham, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

Talked with the supervisor and toured the library Talked with other workers talked with students talked with faculty talked with support staff talked with it office Talked with the supervisor and toured the library Talked with other workers talked with students talked with faculty talked with support staff talked with it office

Interview Questions

• they asked about any library experience they asked about other jobs what was my strongest quality did I like working around libraries did I they asked about any library experience they asked about other jobs what was my strongest quality did I like working around libraries did I   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at North Carolina Central University (Durham, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward. More of a conversational tone. It went well. The interview was relaxed. I knew that I would get the position because my grades were pretty good and I spoke to the professor that I would be assisting before the interview. So she put in a good word for me:

Interview Questions

• Describe how your background will enable you to complete the duties required of this position? The interviewer asked specific questions and made me feel at ease. I was confident in my answers and I could tell that the interviewer was pleased with my responses. The position required me to have good grades in the class that I would be tutoring. So I also discussed my studying techniques throughout the year:   1 Answer

Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at North Carolina Central University in May 2011.

Interview

Unorganized

Interview Questions

• What is straight line department   1 Answer

Interview

gave a 1 hour presentation and 10 minutes of Q&A.